Offer in panola county

I have an offer to purchase 100% of undivided interest in the minerals and wells as follows: Petroquest Energy - Wiener CV # 1H and Sabine Oil & Gas - Wiener (1H). the offer is $27,000.00. What do ya’ll think about this?

What section, township and range? I always ask myself, why would they want my minerals? What is else is about to happen? Is $27,000 now worth what the minerals might be worth in five years, ten years, etc. The buyers intend to make a profit. That is their business.

I believe she meant to post in Panola County, Texas, NOT Canadian County, OK.

Mary- I am assuming the offer is for Panola County, TX. The first thing I would do is check the TX Railroad Commission website. It is pretty easy to navigate. I’d start with the GIS viewer (Link- https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer/)- go to the looking glass icon, click on Surveys and add your county and legal description. You may need to add the survey name a couple of ways- it is sometimes a bit finicky. This will take you to the acreage so you can see drilling in the area. You will need the API numbers to check further into the permits- known as W-1s. Sounds like Petroquest knows something is happening in the area. I’d bet their fist offer is not their best and also, think hard about selling mineral interests!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.