Offer for MR in Sec 5 Block F

Has anyone else received phone calls regarding offers to buy mineral rights net acreage in Reagan County? Caller seems pretty aggressive, and I’m not sure how to protect myself/get accurate value. Wondering if there’s activity or potential activity in the area promoting this offer. Thanks in advance!!

I recently had a call as well. I didn’t return it, because I figured it was someone wanting my mineral rights. I’ve gotten them before. I do wonder if there’s something going on in Reagan. But then I’ve thought that before and nothing happened.

fwiw, map below is horizontal wells that have been drilled in the past 6 months. Decent number right next to you (Blue square right under “Reagan” is Sec 5 of Block F).

No guarantee that means anything for you (there are a WHOLE LOT of places where there are no wells on that map) but it may be causing folks to call you.

Thanks NMoilboy!

How does it work if there’s drilling where people already own the rights? Do they have to buy all or a percentage of rights in an area?

I spoke with one (very nice and informative) attorney already, however, I’d like to get a couple of opinions. Any suggestions or referrals for professional help that I could contact?

The lease the mineral rights and then develop them. Some operators will buy minerals under their leasehold, others won’t. As long as they have one valid lease, irrespective of the NMA held, they can drill (at least that’s how it works in TX).