OCC well permits

I used to get a list of the well permits daily from a guy who kindly sent them out. Is there a way to subscribe to them on the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website?

You can look them up yourself on the well records site. You can search on the whole state or you can search by section, township and range.

Look up Form 1000.
https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

I have tried looking up the permits for the new Black Mesa wells but have not been successful. The cause numbers on the new Black Mesa wells have changed numerous times and I don’t know which to use. I do not have an API number either. Also, I know they are drilling on section 10 but don’t know if I should be using section 10 or 3 when looking in OCC imaging. The last communication I have from OCC is of Cause 2023-001737, 2023-001740, 2023-001743 and 2023-001745 (Multiunit Horizontal Well), to be continued to April 2, 2024. There is also an Exception Under OAC 165:10-3-28(c) to be continued to April 2, 2024. Thanks for your help.

Grace: The Camino wells with the name Black Mesa have been spud. That doesn’t mean they are drilling them to total depth yet, but surface casing has been set. The Black Mesa #2MXH spud 1/16; #3WXH spud 1/18; #4MXH spud 1/21 & #5WXH spud 1/7. It will be another 6-9 months before any information is known as to what type of production there is, if any.

Thank you, Todd. What is the difference in MHX and WXH?

M= Mississippi formation W= Woodford formation 2 wells targeting each zone.

1 Like

Thanks again, Martha.

You can use the OCC well records website to get the information. Put the name in the Well Name box and sort by County. 1000 is the permit. 1001A is spud, 1002A is completion.

https://public.occ.ok.gov/OGCDWellRecords/CustomSearch.aspx?SearchName=OilandGasWellRecordsSearch&dbid=0&repo=OCC&cr=1

I got a notice of hearing for increased density for the new Black Mesa wells in the mail today. It is being heard on March 26, 2024. It looks like they want to include the Sycamore formation. Does this mean there will be another well or is this just to include the Sycamore in the wells currently being drilled? Thanks!

Seems like we two have been going through the same learning curve over the past few years. I had the same experience with Camino next door in Section 04 ( Cause 2024-000212). It resulted permission for 2 additional wells for the Sycamore. Hopefully, you’ll have the same outcome.

@graceful99 Did the case have the map of the wells at the back of the packet? Compare it to the previous ones. What is the number of the case?

Thank you. No maps. The case number is CD 2024-000530, entry No. 1 and entry No. 2. No. 1 is the Application and No. 2 is the Notice of Hearing. The only attachment is a list of the owners.

Thank you, Lee. Yes, I would take another well.:smiley:

@graceful99 Time will tell on the new case. They may change the well extension of the well name that they dropped for the Woodford or they may have a new well planned. You will have to wait and see from the maps and exhibits that go with the new case file compared to the old ones.

@graceful99: Here is what I gather from these documents. Camino “plans” to drill the Black Mesa 0505 3-10-2MXH well that they want to complete in the Sycamore formation in Section 3 and the Mississippi formation in Section 10. This Application- CD#2024-000530 is requesting an additional well for the Sycamore formation FOR SECTION 10. If you read paragraph 4, Relief Sought- you will read that the request for an additional well for Section 10. The best thing, not the easiest, is to have patience until the wells have been drilled, are completed and producing. Crazy things can happen when drilling these horizontal wells. The drill bit can wander in and out of intended zones and in and out of unintended zones. In that case, there may be the need to Amend Applications so they have the OCC’s blessings to cover what has transpired with the wellbore. That is why it is best to just wait for the final administrative filings at the OCC that can’t be completed until the wells are producing. At that time, you will know how many wells are producing and from what formations for your acreage in whether in Section 3 or 10. Hopefully in 6-8 months the answers will be clear to all of your questions.