OCC website issues

Has anyone been successful getting case file info from the occ website. I have a Mac and now it’s totally disabled with the new safari update.

Then I tried on a windows machine and ie errors out. It seems the download instructions are outdated.

I haven’t had much luck in years with the OCC and a MAC. The software is so far behind. I have a subscription to another service, so if you give me the section, township and range, I can look them up. Once you get the number, the OAP area seems to work. I tend to use it on Chrome, so you might try that as well.

James, I’m still running Windows 7 And IE and go to case processing a couple of times a week.That Oracle applet can be a real pain in the butt for other OSs. For some goofy reason you have to download it twice. I use Chrome for everything else.

That system at the OCC isn’t designed to be user friendly to the public. Honestly speaking the legal teams for oil companies would rather you not be able to freely navigate case info. Good luck getting it to work.

When I attended a short seminar hosted by the OCC they made it pretty clear that MS explorer works best with there system. I have had too much trouble using anything else. That being said, the OOC database is a bit of a PITA anyway you look at it. Whacha goin do? Roll with it I guess.

I have a Windows 10 Dell with IE 11. I was getting the IE erroring out, but I was finally able to get the OCC Case Processing to work on the IE 11 after watching several youtube videos ( I believe it was this one that helped me the most… YouTube (turn down the volume)) and then using the Instructions for Vista/Windows7/8/10 on the OCC site (a fun way to spend an afternoon (no one ever said)).

Before that I was using a Windows 7 and IE computer that I had to wrap in a towel and run a hairdryer on it for 10 minutes to get the computer to boot up. (Compaq Presario CQ62)

And yes, as Pat says, “… the OCC database is a bit of a PITA anyway you look at it.”