O & G Operators called "Frackers"

This link was posted on the Grady County Group:

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/Frackers_.html

I've heard oil companies, drillers, operators, E & P etc. but "Frackers", reeks of sensationalism.

"Frackers", More like 'Robber Barons' if you consider the article in its entirity!

I read the article. The author makes reference to an early 1980's Federal Law guaranteeing a minimum of 1/8th of the value of the products sold. The Federal Law that he was referring to is only for Federal Lands and Indian Lands. So, he was wrong there, unless there was another federal act at the same time exerting federal control over private property rights.

There is a state law in PA that says that the minimum royalty is 1/8th pursuant to the Guaranteed Minimum Royalty Act (GMRA). Pennsylvania has courts go both ways on the issue and courts that have left the issue open as to the deduction of costs on a bare 1/8th royalty lease.

The biggest issue is the GMRA language that says that if the minimum royalty is not honored, the lease is ipso facto void. That would really knock over the apple cart, if that were the case.

This article is not well founded, missing critical information and should be an op-ed piece rather than something purporting to be journalism.

An article Jack Hodges emailed me this morning.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/28/us-chesapeake-marcellus-insight-idUSBRE97R05O20130828

Clint Liles

I am not in any way defending CHK, if a small part of what has been said about them is true the word sleazy might apply. My point is how FRACKING (fracturing to be correct) has become the buzz word of a segment of the environmental movement to paint the entire Oil and Gas Industry as cheating, thieving, lying, earth and water destroying monsters. These people discredit honest scientific research into the subject with their sensational. liar, liar your water's on fire approach.
Steven Holt said:

"Frackers", More like 'Robber Barons' if you consider the article in its entirity!

Mike,

You are right. The left will use derogatory, silly, even rhyming pseudo tomes in an attempt to overwhelm their adversaries, that can be akined to a journalistic hegemony.

Some might thought that removing all the "W" keys from the computers was a clever way of showing their disdain for George Bush, but it was destruction of government property and an insult to the office and was never treated as such. How would they react if the Bush administration faithful removed the letter "O" from the keyboard? Wait, that would not happen. Bluebloods might say "Not our class, dear."

I still think that jury is still out on hydraulic fracturing. But, I do read what I can and try to understand more, instead of being a blind pig.

Buddy

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Mark Twain

Now it seems those closely detailed stories were largely bunk. Last week it was revealed that a formal review by the General Accounting Office, Congress’ investigative agency, “had found no damage to the offices of the White House’s East or West Wings or EOB” and that Bush’s own representatives had reported “there is no record of damage that may have been deliberately caused by the employees of the Clinton administration.”

While cautious GSA staffers won’t issue a blanket exoneration of the Clinton team, Bernard Ungar, the agency’s director of physical infrastructure, told Salon the media clearly exaggerated the extent of the damage. According to the terse GSA statement that formed the basis of Ungar’s conclusion, “the condition of the real property was consistent with what we would expect to encounter when tenants vacate office space after an extended occupancy.”

it seems that the "big phrase" is fracking now, and some act like it just happened, I was working on rigs and fracking in the 50 s so " fracking " is no new thing and the process hasnot changed much on the last 60 yrs at first it was done using "sand" as a filler in the formation, then rubber balls/bb s and then a variety of liguids m, still the same process , still the same bs from some that dont understand the process