NW Oklahoma Mississpian spacing

What is typical spacing for horizontal wells in the Mississpian in this area?

Hey, Roger -

I just spoke with a man who is up there drilling some very successful wells.

He explained that at present the units are set up to be 640 acres (whether that be by Section of half Section and half Section, I do not know) and that within each of those, the companies are allowed to drill 8 horizontal wells running either north to south or south to north - 660 feet between them.

A Section is a square parcel of land, 1 mile by 1 mile (5,280' x 5,280').

The companies can also apply for an exception to this spacing - for it to be reduced to 500' between laterals so as to allow for a 9th lateral.

He mentioned how several companies are experimenting with the idea of a two Section unit, running north and south, where they can drill their laterals through both Sections, but I don't know where they are with that or even if the state has allowed them to do so.

Hope this helps -

Charles

Thanks Charles, that is very helpful. Just sent you a Freind request, hoping we can compare notes off line. Thx again.

Charles Emery Tooke III said:

Hey, Roger -

He explained that at present the units are set up to be 640 acres (whether that be by Section of half Section and half Section, I do not know) and that within each of those, the companies are allowed to drill 8 horizontal wells running either north to south or south to north - 660 feet between them.

The companies can also apply for an exception to this spacing - for it to be reduced to 500' between laterals so as to allow for a 9th lateral.

He mentioned how several companies are experimenting with the idea of a two Section unit, running north and south, where they can drill their laterals through both Sections, but I don't know where they are with that or even if the state has allowed them to do so.

Hope this helps -

Charles

Roger,

OCC has to approve all spacing. I have some land in Noble Co that is on 320 Horizontal, my land in Logan Co is spaced on 640. In Woodward Co, our land is spaced at 640, so it depends on where the land is and what it's potential are.

Virginia in Arlington, TX

Blaine county oklahoma is doing the two mile drilling around Geary oklahoma

Roger Tucker said:

Thanks Charles, that is very helpful. Just sent you a Freind request, hoping we can compare notes off line. Thx again.

Charles Emery Tooke III said:

Hey, Roger -

Hope this helps -

Charles