NPRD Inheritance

I recently received a call with an offer to buy my 10 acres undivided royalty deed in something described as the Joel B Crane survey contains 157 acres. in Harrison Co TX. Apparently a lease has been signed and drilling for GAS will commence soon. How do I determine the value and should I wait and see if it becomes a producing well ? Am I entitled to see who signed the lease and its terms and the company that is drilling?
Thanks in advance

You definitely could ask the buyer that approached you what lease your interest is subject to. Get the book and page number of it. I doubt they have it on hand tho. Is this a mineral interest you were previously aware of?

If I were you I’d get more info first. If you could provide the forum with a more detailed legal description of the property such as abstract number, block number, section number. It’d help the users on here take a look at your specific interest. A survey name in and of itself is a pretty broad area.

If you’re currently receiving royalty checks on this interest, and don’t know the legal description of your interest. A lease name on your checks by itself could help people here narrow down where your interest is.

Could this be the J B Craine Survey your searching for?

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

1 Like

Yes it is in the J B Crain survey. Lease has been signed, no drilling yet.
Thank you

I have a plat with it outlined in red, it is in the eastern most part , but the deed has just a description that I do not see abstract number, block number , section number .

I was not aware of this being in my mom’s name until this week

It’s on the portion that has the squiggly border

Thanks again… I need to get the Royalty deed put in the two heirs’ names first of all… Wondering if the attorney fees will be worth it .

Kalsi:

You have to find out what you actually own to see if it is worth hiring an attorney. Your best bet is to inquire of the person that got in touch with you. Regardless of what you do, NEVER hand over a deed without certified funds. Be very careful of documents that use language to the effect that “this deed covers all interests of grantor in Harrison County whether described herein or not”. Good Luck.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the warning.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.