Not licensed to practice in another state?aw

My cousin recommended a lawyer to handle our mineral rights & probate issues but this lawyer is out of St. Lewis, Missouri? And are legal issues are in Nevada & also the mineral rights… I just can not believe this lawyer says, " that’s not an issue " ? These lawyers get gold fevor and fall over themselves trying to a piece of the pie. I pretty sure my gut feeling is right & this is an issues ? Right? I ask before for the best way to find a lawyer who will be on our side & knows & is licensed in Nevada. The forum said check with the bar association. But that does not seem the best way to ferret out a good lawyer? Do they have reveiws from clients or ratings?

You are on the right track. Find an attorney in Nevada who handles probates and understands minerals. The Missouri attorney might be helpful for some issues (estate planning) but practicing or creating deeds in Nevada could be the unauthorized practice of law there. Another option is to have the MO attorney work with the Nevada attorney.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You might check Martindale Hubbell, they sometimes have reviews. You can search by practice area and location https://www.martindale.com/

You are correct in directing your search for NV counsel. Review the attorney/firm’s online profile to determine if he/she has experience in mineral rights and probate. Include in your search: oil and gas, energy, real estate and probate. Good luck!

I thought I saw where someone typed that there was drop down box in which I can find a oil and gas attorney that handles inaccurate joint interest billing and multiple AFEs being signed… Each time we begged and even cried. That just got us straight the their attorney. Argh… us questioning places a demand letter in the mail to us and stating 30 day to pay or netting until 200% reach per unit, I read the bylaws and read where that company can use discretion, that didn’t go over well attorney was upset further. We all got the together and sold personal items to pay and Access denied​:roll_eyes:. We recently discovered that we own a ORRI/NRI…:face_with_peeking_eye:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.