Not getting Royalty Payments

I receive 100% of royalties from a well in Oklahoma. All was going ok for serval years. I was getting checks every month for over a thousand dollars from Sunoco. Then the well operator changed and I was getting checks from another company which turned out to be owned by the well operator. At first I got checks every other month. Then it was every 3 or 4 months. After a lot of digging I was able to get in touch with the well operator. When I talked to him this January, he said the well was producing and no problems and he would send me check. The check was for production through November which I verified with the state. He sent the check and it bounced. Contacted him and he said a new check was in the mail. 3 weeks later, no check so I resubmitted the bounced check and it cleared. 5 months has passed and I have not been able to get in touch with him. I don’t know if he is still operating the well or whatever.

So I started doing research and I find that this guy has been charged with serval serious crimes, not related to the oil business. Since I live in another state, I need some help. What should I do? Could a landman find out what is going on? Should I contact the state? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks HG

If you share the section, township, range & well name we may be able to help.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.