Northern Zavala County Texas

We are or have been wondering does anyone know about drilling the Eagle Ford in northern Zavala County? we live 5 miles north of La Pryor...the maps indicate we are in the oil play...our 130 acres has a oil pad (ancient) as well as natural gas lines throughout the property lines and we are very surprised no one has contacted us yet!...you would think with an oil pad and gas lines SOMEONE would have noticed this in the county records!...would appreciate any insights...thanks!

Our place was leased by Bluescape Resources last May for $800 per acre but not aware of any drilling in the area. We have 300 acres off Hwy 57 about 10 miles east of Batesville.

My ranch is on the southern border. The drilling is all around us but mostly south of Crystal City and in Dimmit County. Hopefully the companies will get around to all of Zavala County in the next years. Right now there are many acreas in the better parts of Zavala and Dimmit counties which haven't been drilled. Be patient.

:-) thanks a bunch!

Brian Womac said:

My ranch is on the southern border. The drilling is all around us but mostly south of Crystal City and in Dimmit County. Hopefully the companies will get around to all of Zavala County in the next years. Right now there are many acreas in the better parts of Zavala and Dimmit counties which haven't been drilled. Be patient.

Thanks! :-)

William Hicks said:

Our place was leased by Bluescape Resources last May for $800 per acre but not aware of any drilling in the area. We have 300 acres off Hwy 57 about 10 miles east of Batesville.

We leased to Sanchez three years ago for $750 per acre. Oct. 2012 the lease was up on 800 acres and we have had zero calls, zip offers. I have mailed and emailed many companies to find that many have left the play.

We are down the road from the MUSTANG RANCH 6 miles north of Crystal. Hoping things turn around but I hear that permits are not growing.

Do you have a contact person for Bluescape ??

William Hicks said:

The person my uncle dealt with was Andy Hurd but I do not have any contact info for him. They do have a website, www.bluescaperesources.com.

Thank you Mr. Hicks good luck.

William Hicks said:

The person my uncle dealt with was Andy Hurd but I do not have any contact info for him. They do have a website, www.bluescaperesources.com.