Non-payment of Royalties

I posted on this before thinking my Dad has a lease on this property. He had a royalty interest. Through the Texasfile Mineral report, I found that my Dad has an interest in the Hilburn & Lloyd A Tract 10, 30, -C-. The wells are in the W P Chism survey. I found where there had been no payments for a long time. My Dad died in 2000 leaving it to my Mom, who died in 2009. I found the operator, Mikon Oil, Inc. and called asking about this. Generally the money is held in suspense if they couldn’t find anyone, or so I thought. I was told initially that if the taxes are not paid and the operator absorbs these, then they have the right to absorb the interest. I then asked for their landman. He said that no one signed the lease so the royalty interest became a working interest. The company paid the working interest and absorbed the interest. I told him I didn’t think this is how it worked. Doing further research, I found where we have been paying the taxes for the whole time. Since my Dad had a royalty interest, why did he need to sign the lease? I think these people are not being honest. What can I do since production goes back a long time. I don’t think me writing them will have them admit anything, but that is just my way of thinking.

1 Like

You need an oil and gas attorney.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.