Non Participating Royalty Interest - NPRI

Can anyone tell me what Non Participating Rights are? Me and my brother and sister and cousins own rights in A-263, Block 32 T N . Some of the cousins sold their rights long ago, but there are several of us family that still have rights. There is a Header well on that section. SM Energy drilled 2 Horizontal Wells on the upper section Farva A and Farva BMarch 2017. I contacted SM Energy and asked about it. The Office in Denver told me I needed proof of Heirship. We were originally contacted by someone who wanted to buy our rights in May of 2018. That’s when we started investigating whether we have any money owed to us. It’s taken since July of 2018 till now to get all the paperwork in order and we have been working with a lawyer. So now once it’s mailed to SM I guess she can tell us if we have money iwed to us. Can anyone else tell me if we are owed anything because of the horizontal drilling to our mineral rights. We own 3.4 acres a piece and have no ideal how much percentage or anything .

Here’s an article on the topic: Non-Participating Royalty Interest – NPRI

1 Like

Thank you , this was very helpful .