Noble County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thanks Gayla. The pipeline that was laid thru this area earlier this year is a collection line installed by Parnon Gathering, Inc.

Yes, the pipeline went across our property. The new stakes are on the same quarter section the pipeline crosses.

Thanks Virginia! Unfortunately its not my trust or my money :slight_smile: Good news is my lifestyle is in no danger!

Ron,

Where do you find production on the OCC site? I haven’t been able to figure that out.

Also, the well on 9-20N-1E has probably already been staked. There have been stakes out there for a while. They have just put pipelines through there so weren’t sure if they were pipeline related or oil well related. But I also got a letter from Cisco so looks like it will be drilled.

FYI I have pretty reliable information that one major company is moving out of Kay co. because of problems with the supply of electricity for well sites and moving back down to Noble Co. for a while.

Gayla,

I’m not Adam, but will answer anyway.

Sounds like your money is in trust, so a lot will depends on how the trust is set up on the tax amount. If the money stays in trust it could be taxed at a very high rate, google - trust tax rate. But, if it can by pass the trust it can be taxed at your personal tax rate.

Their are lots of different taxes on oil/gas, but most will be taking out before you see your check and unless you are a W I some won’t matter to you. Production tax can be written off of your tax. I lived in TX, but some of my property is in OK. So, they take 28% off the top before I see my check, then on OK state tax, the percent we pay is not what we only make in OK, but what our total Federal tax net is, then that is the percentage we are in OK. So, lets say, I make $10 in OK, but my tax bracket is 33% on my Fed tax, I would pay 5 % or whatever the top bracket is to OK.

Also, the first check is usually a nice check as it’s for 6 months or so. But, remember that the well usually falls fast the first year, so don’t set your life style on that first check or you will lose your shirt.

Cynthia Did someone tell you they started ( spud ) the well in 23-23n-01w on 7/10/12.

Ron,

Where are the getting the water for drilling?

I’ve been told some wells are on hold because of the shortage of water.

Cynthia,

Spud means: to begin drilling operation, when drill bit hits the ground or passes through water on off shore.

Virginia I don’t know about the water. Cynthia it will be months before production info is filed.

No, Ron. I hadn’t heard that. Thanks for telling me. How do I find out about production? By the way, what’s “Spud?”

1000 Cubic Feet. It is a volume Unit of measurement. It is the baseline unit of measurement for natural gas. Natural gas is priced at about $2.00 - $2.25 per 1000 cubic feet.

Would someone please tell me what MCF is?

Noble: SandRidge Exploration & Production LLC; Williams No. 1-10H Well; SW1/4 SW1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 10-24N-02W; 164.49 barrels oil per day, 559,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 9,061

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-oil-and-gas-prices-october-12-2012/artic…

Noble: Range Production Co.; Nancy Ann No. 1-1S Well; NW1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 01-24N-02W; 429 barrels oil per day, 1,288,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 9,267.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-oil-and-gas-prices-november-13-2012/arti…

Noble: SandRidge Exploration & Production LLC, Fear The Beard 2,402 No. 1-13H Well, SW/4 NW/4 NW/4 NE/4 (SL) of 13-24N-02W, 423 BOPD, 1,772 MCFPD, TD 8,780 feet

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=501&a…

I own mineral rights near Red Rock, OK, on what used to be my grandfather’s farm. Section 24, 23N, 1W. My grandfather had 3 producing oil wells which operated from the late 1940’s until the late 1960’s. I just spoke to an elderly cousin who was there for the whole process. He said that the wells produced natural gas at first. Natural gas wasn’t worth much back then, so they used it to operate farm machinery, and sold the excess in Red Rock for $.05 per gallon. My cousin said that when oil was first produced, it just came bubbling up from the well without any pumping. In fact, they had to cap the wells daily, because they weren’t allowed to produce over a certain number of barrels per day. My grandfather passed away in 1951, and he never had electricity on his property. (Can you imagine?) Anyway, they had to use generators in order to operated the wells, after the oil stopped coming up on its own. Now come the dumb questions. I would appreciate it if anyone would share their knowledge with me. Is natural gas always produced before oil? Are there separate wells for gas and for oil? Is there a market for natural gas? How much deeper are the wells today, than back in the 1940’s? (Of course, they didn’t have horizontal drilling back then.)

Cynthia, or should I said

Hi Kid,

I think it’s funny that your grandfather didn’t have electric in 1951. We didn’t have cell phone or I Pods either. Life was peaceful and we didn’t need as much to be happy.

And everyone that could got dip gas to burn in the tractors and the farmer even made money back in those days. Now, it’s just a great write off, no profit. Or maybe I should say, hard work for little pay.

I was just a kid, but life was good in the 50 & 60.

Regarding oil and gas in the Red Rock area. Their was a well drilled just west of Red Rock off hi-way 77 that is doing real good last time I heard at least. They are drill some more wells just south of Red Rock and east. I’m not sure what will be drilled near Red Rock, but I’m sure it will have an oil classification as most wells in that area do. That means that they produced more oil than gas. Some wells have lots of gas and are free flow wells, other have to be pumped with either propane or electric.

But, don’t worry, they do have electric in the area. But, I was shocked when I found out that Oklahoma still has the pony express and it can even bring parts for Dallas, TX.

But, Oklahoma are getting some real good laws and moving on. May out do Texas in a few years.

You can have gas and oil or just gas or just oil. Yes there is a market for gas. Some are a lot deeper some are not. Its a matter of where you are and what they are looking for. I will look at 23n-1w later today and see what they are doing . Going to town now.

A couple months ago we received notification that Cisco Operating had filed for Horizontal Spacing, pooling and well location on Noble County 9-20N-1E. A couple weeks ago I got a letter from the CC of Oklahoma that these orders were “Dismissed without cause”. Can anyone explain what this “Dismissal” means?

Permits

Noble: Devon Energy Production Co. LP; Voise No. 1-10WH Well; NE1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 NE1/4 (SL) of 10-21N-02E; TD 9,047.

Devon Energy Production Co. LP; Voise No. 1-3MH Well; NW1/4 NE1/4 NE1/4 NE1/4 (BHL) of 03-21N-02E; TD 9,490