No Well Production

I have a well on my land in Woods Co. that has not paid me royalties since July of 2019. This was drilled back around 2007. I do not recall anything in the lease allowing them to not have production for a year and be able to keep the lease. They have not notified me of any changes. Should they be required to tell me about the forfeiture of the lease? There are no other wells on this section.

Jeff

If you post the section, township and range, we can look up the well. You need to go back and read your lease. It probably has a “shut-in” clause in it that will tell the rules.

The well is in Section 35-25N-15W ( the SW Qtr). I have looked it up, and it says it is still producing. I will review the original lease. I believe it should be just like one that was signed in an adjacent section - 3-24N-15W. Some time back, a well in that one was closed and the lease expired. Both wells were drilled around the same general time.

Jeff

Looks like the lease will expire under its own terms. They do not have to notify you. You can ask that a release of lease be filed in the courthouse.

Here is an example that you can send to the operator. Release of lease oklahoma686.pdf (7.1 KB)

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.