No Royalty payment

First time in over many years no royalty check from Chevron gas well on block 91.

Would need more information in order to help. State, County, abstract or section, township and range. Without anything else, several possibilities arise. Check is late or stolen, a well nearby is being fracked so they shut yours in to protect it during the frack and it usually comes back on after the frack, your royalties have dropped below your minimum and they need to build back up to the minimum or there is mechanical trouble. If it persists another month, call the revenue department and ask them why it is missing.

Though less likely, it could also be your oil company withholding revenue due to a previous over-payment.

I mention this only because it happened to me and my family. EOG Resources withheld payments from multiple family members over a number of months (without telling me why) supposedly due to an over-payment they previously had made to my late mother.

With MineraliQ telling me that the well(s) were still actively producing, I had to be persistent in questioning them (and their landman rep) as to what was going on.

Was a poorly handled situation and attitude from EOG, IMO, because a lot of time and frustration on both ends could have been saved if they had simply sent a letter or e-mail explaining the situation before they started withholding our revenue.

Greg

Yes, that is another possibility. I have had that happen with other operators. Best thing to do is contact the revenue department and find out what is going on. Then you will know if your 1099 is going to match your received revenue. This is the month to clear things up by the end of the year.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.