No Response To Interest Ownership Inquiry

My deceased mother had an interest in the pooled unit Austin Chalk and Woodbine formation wells in the vicinity of Blinn College in Bryan. I have tried to contact the operator of record, HK Energy Operating, in order to transfer ownership of her interest, but have received no response to my letter to them, and the last time I tried to call their Houston office, the phone number seemed to be constantly busy. Is anyone on this list familiar with this company and/or have knowledge on how I go about getting them to respond (I hope short of hiring an attorney)? Thanks for your help!

G. Halsell,

You might try a certified letter with a return receipt before hiring the lawyer. That way you have shown that you have tried in vain to get a response from H K Energy. Also document the phone calls you have made.

You might try some of these phone numbers with the Alabama Main Office:

http://www.eliteexploration.com/hk-energy-operating-llc/

Clint Liles

Lease Id or Gas Id:
Operator:
HK ENERGY OPERATING, LLC (341367) Additional Comptroller Info
Address:
ATTN HEATHER O'NEAL 1000 LOUISIANA ST STE 6700 HOUSTON TX 77002
Phone:
832-538-0300
Fax:
Oil Gatherer:
Address:
Phone:
Gas Gatherer:
Address:
Phone:
Cumulative Production:
Most Recent Production:

Will do. Thanks for the quick response!

Did your mother have a mineral lease with HK Energy Operating which is currently still in effect? Or is it an expired lease?

Also have you had the mineral rights deed filed in the Brazos County Clerks Office. When my parents died, we had to file an Executor Deed transfer the minerals to the heirs of their estates.

Also check with the County Appraisal District to make sure that the taxes are current. The will have record of the current operator. https://propaccess.trueautomation.com/clientdb/?cid=65

Good Luck,

Bill

Thanks to everyone who responded. I call the number Rock Man supplied, and was finally successful in making contact. I've sent them documentation and am waiting now for them to process the change. Although it's not a big interest, I'm hoping that there may be new interest in drilling in this area down the road.