No production reported to RRC

Trying to audit a statement and RRC has no production reported for any of the lease numbers. Here is one lease number 57279, District 8. they have been producing since March. Any ideas whats going on here?

This production below was in Enverus, which is kinda confusing as I assume Enverus has to get the data from the RRC. But like you say, nothing in RRC. When in doubt my explanation for anything associated with the RRC is always that the RRC just sucks. :grinning:

That helps Thank You. Yep RRC is for sure confused on these wells. I am on mineral IQ and the numbers don’t look right at all. I assume they get their numbers from RRC. Been using CONG I have assumed they are close on the production. Again Thank You

The production is available on RRC under Production Reports Query (PR). No idea why it is not available under the Production Data query choices. I will try to attach here.

2 Likes

I can’t seem to find that?? Can you attach a link please.

I found it, never mind. Thank You

NMoilboy, Can you explain what the water is on this Enverus report?

This may sound kind of like a “no kidding Sherlock” answer, but its the amount of water produced by the well for the month. Mix/combo of water that was pumped in during the frac and water that was in the formation to begin with.

Permian shale wells make a lot of water.

I have not taken the time to learn much about the water. So any info is good info. Is there money exchanged at any point for water? We also have surface ownership. Thank You

At some point almost all of the water gets injected back into the ground somewhere. The water has very high chlorides, has trace oil, and all sorts of nastiness in it. Ideally the well is tied into a disposal system or else water is trucked to a disposal well. Disposal well charges money to inject the water back into a non-productive horizon. The water disposal situation should not affect your mineral owner money. Would not be surprising (to me) if there were a lot more requirements to recycle water rather than dispose out it if we keep popping off 5M earthquakes.

Surface owner owns the disposal rights. So where a producer leases the mineral rights from someone, a disposal company will make an agreement with the surface owner.

They finally updated the RRC production numbers. It took me a while to compare those the the statement but I did it… ugh. So farm only a few of the months of production on the statement match what is reported to RRC. Most of them are way off, some under some over

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.