No payment for 2nd year

I own a very small percentage of mineral rights on the Homer Well. Contango Oil took over paying the royalties and I got them one year. I then did not receive anything for two years. I contacted them and they said they do not send incremental payments during the year if the payment would be less than $15 but that they do send the annual payment in April regardless of the amount. I did not receive anything last year in 2021 nor in 2022. Now they’ve switched to an outside company called Enverus to provide online info about revenues but in order to sign up, you have to put the amount of last year’s (2021) payment. It does not allow for “zero.” I have called both Contango Oil and Enverus and each keeps referring me to the other. How do I find out if I’m owed a payment and how do I get it? Or who do I send a complaint to about Contango Oil? Anyone else having this problem with Contango Oil?

There are quite a few Homer wells in OK. Which section, township and range? I can look up and see what the production might be.

1 Like

Property Number: OK1062 and OK1129

Branson 17N-4W-26 1HM – Section 26, Township 17N, Range 04W

Branson 17N-4W-26 2HM – Section 26, Township 17N, Range 04W

I am part owner of the mineral rights - a very small portion. Thank you.

https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php

Looks like the 1HM stopped production in Dec 2020 Looks like the 2HM had very low production posted through Dec 2021. Only about 100 bbls/mo, so would take a long time to get up to the minimum $15 or $25 if you have minimal acreage.

1 Like

Thank you so much for checking on this for me.

contango-ownerrelations@eag1source.com

This is who deposits our royalty checks for Contango now. And who we are to contact for any info on Contango. Contango does not answer our phone calls or emails since last year…2021. EAG1SOURCE doesn’t either now…not since April 2022. We were told by EAG that everything would be straightened out by the end of May 2022. And checks would resume.

Didn’t happen.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. You are not the only one having difficulties getting answers.

1 Like

Contango Resources, LLC 2628 Highway 36 S PMB 283 Brenham, TX 77833-9616 No phone # Contango has a bank account at JP Morgan Chase, 2200 Ross Ave, Dallas, TX 75201

1 Like

Contango has a working phone # for owner relations at 713-226-7400. Their recorded message states that checks were mailed out June 9th.

2 Likes

Still haven’t received a check in a couple of years.

Is there anywhere that states the reason a well stops production? Is low production due to the minerals at the site or due to a company’s decision to slow down or halt for some other reason?

Wells naturally die over time. The pressure gives out and there is not more energy to get the hydrocarbons up the well bore. A well could have mechanical damage as another alternative. If you haven’t been paid in two years, then the well is probably truly dead. You can ask for a release of lease or just assume the lease died under its own terms.

Thanks for the prompt response and info!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.