No More New Wells?

Email response from an operator...

In response to your email regarding Division Orders for the well, we have not been able to produce the well yet due to Oklahoma Corporation Commission salt water disposal well constraints. As soon as we are able to complete the well and produce it, we will send out Division Orders.

I AM CONFUSED lINDA, I THOUGHT THE WELL WAS ALREADY COMPLETED!

Linda, Go to Payne Co Mineral Forum page and find Steve Nix's and my discussion starting March 28, 2015. It's just three pages from the current page and there's a lot of good information about OCC, operators and salt water disposal wells.

Also thought that it was just a very low producer! Guess I am still very green after 3 or 4 years of heavy studying oil and gas industry. ha

Deborah Lynne Gerst said:

The we;ll hasn't been fracked.I AM CONFUSED lINDA, I THOUGHT THE WELL WAS ALREADY COMPLETED!

Martha,

thanks,I read it but still haven't a clue what this particular operator is going to do.I asked them if this pertained to just this particular well or all of their new wells but didn't get a reply.

I know these operators have to keep drilling new wells in order to keep the business alive..somewhat confused but will get over it...thanks again.

Martha McMorries said:

Linda, Go to Payne Co Mineral Forum page and find Steve Nix's and my discussion starting March 28, 2015. It's just three pages from the current page and there's a lot of good information about OCC, operators and salt water disposal wells.

Linda, There's a lot more than meets the eye to disposal wells. Combined with the new OCC regulations, the USGS earthquake hazard program and the EPA is involved. Critical data is being collected and analyzed as injection wells are placed into service. Some areas are more at risk than others. http://www.welldrillingschool.com/courses/pdf/InjectionWells.pdf

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/

Thanks for the education Martha.

Have read articles about using natural gas to frack which would solve the water problem but would be more expensive.

Linda, Natural gas frack would not end the problem of what to do with formation water. The formations are saturated with salt water and the oil rides on top of the water. They separate the oil and inject the water back into formations below the fresh water aquifers. The injection water recharges the salt water aquifers which are below the fresh water aquifers and drive the oil, so we need injection wells, but they have to be careful where they are located, because the injection water can cause earthquakes and pollution.