Niobrara Shale- Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Debbie, Thanks! I didn’t know about these options … interesting information.

I'm looking for information on a well that my grandfather Willis Reed and grandmother Grace Reed/Engel have in this area. My mother passed away two years ago and my uncle now says that us grandchildren have rights to this well. Any information is appreciated.

Thank you;

Keith

I have a small interest in the rights in Sec 8 twp 11n range 37w. Does anyone know of any activity in that area?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/28/us-energy-giant-idUSTRE7BR0G420111228

I had some typos below. I actually have a small interest in Sec 18, twp 11n, range 57w. Does anyone have producing wells in that general area? If so, can you give me an idea of production figures?

Does anyone have an idea what terms I should ask for on lease of mineral rights in Phillips County Colorado near Holyoke? It's being referred to as the Julesburg basin. Looks like it's in the Niobrara. I don't know the coordinates yet. I have a meeting with a landman (and the other relatives involved) this weekend but don't plan on signing till I know more. Thanks!

Hello, I hope someone can guide me to a good probate attorney in Laramie County. My mother died in Texas and we must do an ancillary probate in Wyoming. Can anyone give me the name of an attorney who handles probate cases, preferably, one the advising party has used and has personal experience? You may reply via email to philsartin@yahoo.com if you don't want to post publicly. I thank you in advance for your help. -- Phil

I am in SE Wyoming, Laramie County, 13-63, and would like to know if anyone nearby has been leased or had their lease option renewed recently?

Hello! My family owns mineral rights on about 160 acres of land in Converse County, Wyoming. The land has been split among several generations, so I and my siblings each own royalties on 3 acres. We have been getting royalties of about $50 per year from Shell Oil. Within the last couple of years, Anadarko has submitted applications to drill up to 24 horizontal wells in the Niobrara formation and up to 8 horizontal wells in the Turner formation on our family property.
In the last six weeks, we have received two offers to purchase the entire acreage of our family property. One from Lincoln for $3250 an acre and one from Anadarko/MPH/ Upland Energy for $4250 an acre.
My siblings and I are new to the oil exploration market and don't have the knowledge to assess whether this is a fair offer, or whether this is good time to sell. (We can each make our own decision for our acreage.) I have tried to research mineral exploration in Converse County and in the Niobrara and Turner formations, and it appears that there has been some promising recent discoveries. I was especially interested in this chart from December 1,2017 that shows that 6 of the 12 top IP wells in the Niobrara formation are in Converse County, Wyoming: http://oilshalegas.com/niobrarashale.html
I and my siblings would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer on whether the offer is a fair price and the wisdom of selling the rights on land in this area at this particular time. Is oil exploration promising enough in this area that it would make financial sense to hold onto the rights?