NGL's in the Cana

I was suprised at the amount of NGL’s in our well. I have attached a chart that shows the ratio of the production from our well. Is this common for this area? 2953-Aprilproduction.pdf (85.3 KB)

I have a friend who works for a company in Tulsa and he says NGls can be very good out there. Larry

Yes, but it is not consistent throughout the Cana in Blaine/Canadian counties. In the east part of the play, you get higher liquids. The farther west you go, the fewer liquids. When you get on the far west side of Blaine County, the wells are almost totally gas with very few liquids. Continental has some nice maps of the play showing this feature.

The oil/gas companies show a distinct preference these days for wells with high liquids, due to the very high price of liquids relative to gas. You hear this repeatedly in their quarterly reports.

If you don't mind telling us, what is your section / township / range?

We own mineral in Sec 24, 13N, 9W.

Jerry Anderson said:

Yes, but it is not consistent throughout the Cana in Blaine/Canadian counties. In the east part of the play, you get higher liquids. The farther west you go, the fewer liquids. When you get on the far west side of Blaine County, the wells are almost totally gas with very few liquids. Continental has some nice maps of the play showing this feature.

The oil/gas companies show a distinct preference these days for wells with high liquids, due to the very high price of liquids relative to gas. You hear this repeatedly in their quarterly reports.

Yes, this location is indeed on the eastern edge of the current known play.

Gary said:

We own mineral in Sec 24, 13N, 9W.

Jerry Anderson said: