Newly Contacted

My family owns some land and minerals in Slope county and for some reason in the past 2 days I have been contacted by a company twice, different people, same company to want to lease our property. I don't know the first thing? Please assist with even the basics.

Rach

Rachel, I am sending a friend request. Accept and I will share what I know.

Rachel, My family owns mineral rights in Slope County 135 7 & 18 98w. I am hoping you are somewhere close as we have not been approached. I would be greatful if would be willing to share the location of your mineral rights.

Tom McLarnan

We were contacted last summer and didn't know the first thing. Everything turned out good but if we had to do it over again would not accept a bank draft and wait 45 working days hoping it would go well. If we had read and known more would had negotiated more and given them a 30 day limit and not a bank draft. If you read about them they are just a IOU. We had a good transaction with Pacer working for Marathon. I would have to look up our township as don't know it off hand. We are just hoping with the leases bought at the auction etc. when they will start in Slope Co.

TNKim, you mentioned the Slope Mineral leases bought at auction, I too was hoping that it would increase the interest for Slope county. The other day I was surfing the NDIC website, somewhere among the page of auctions, hoping to see the new list for the upcoming February auction. It's not posted yet, but somehow I found a page that showed a truckload of minerals for Slope County that would be on the Feb 2012 auction. I can't find that same page now, but if it was accurate, it will be doubly exciting for Slope Mineral Owners. Most are still guessing 5+ years until Oil Companies really pursue them, but we can hope.

TNKim said:

We were contacted last summer and didn't know the first thing. Everything turned out good but if we had to do it over again would not accept a bank draft and wait 45 working days hoping it would go well. If we had read and known more would had negotiated more and given them a 30 day limit and not a bank draft. If you read about them they are just a IOU. We had a good transaction with Pacer working for Marathon. I would have to look up our township as don't know it off hand. We are just hoping with the leases bought at the auction etc. when they will start in Slope Co.

The ND State Auction list for Feb 2012 is now posted. The truckload I spoke of for Slope County, pales in comparison to the Semi-Load of parcels available for all of Western ND. 834 total. I can't imagine how long that will take on auction day. I am really curious to what $ amount these will bring, with so many available.

Billings County-76
Bottineau County-5
Bowman County-2
Divide County-95
Dunn County-38
Golden Valley County-39
Grant County-139
Hettinger County-104
McKenzie County-69
Mountrail County-70
Renville County-13
Slope County-17
Stark County-29
Ward County-37
Williams County-101
lease totals-834

Rachel, my grandmother was a Buzalsky from Slope county...curious if we might be related....

We own a few mineral rights in Slope, also in T135, no offers as of now.

Rachel, Wondering how things worked out for you in leasing your mineral rights?

Tom