Newbie question Mineral Rights Panola County Texas

Hello All, I am just starting to learn about mineral rights because I find myself in the same situation as many here, trying to value rights that have been passed to me. If you don’t mind I would like to avail myself of your expertise.

My question revolves around how things are identified in letters that we often receive with offers to purchase. If I may give you an example: One of the properties is identified as “Guill-Furrh HV Unit C #3H” and it has a Raw RRC #:291206 and offers come with this type of reference.On some offers the letters refer to the properties as survey such as William English Survey A-194

Am I correct in assuming that the Unit description is just a subdivision of the larger survey? What is a Raw RRC# ?

Thanks so much for any help and your patience. i’m sure you get asked similarly a lot although in my searches I could not find what I was looking for.

Best,

Bill

Units can be part of a larger survey, include multiple whole surveys or parts of multiple surveys.

That is a lease ID #, go to RRC viewer (RRC Public GIS Viewer (texas.gov)) and hit the magnifying glass at the top. You can do the same thing with your abstract (A-194) if you click surveys in the dropdown.

Thank you so much!!!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.