New well

I HAVE A NEW WELL IN THE BAKKEN IN WILLIAMS COUNTY ND 158-99-25. THE WELL WENT ON LINE DECEMBER 2011. I WAS TOLD FIRST DAY FLOW RATE WAS 350 BBL/day, AND WOULD GO DOWN TO 150 BBL/day. WOULD ANYONE BE ABLE TO VERIFY THIS. WHAT I ALSO WAS TOLD IS THAT THE WELL FLOWS BY GRAVITY, DOES THIS HAPPEN VERY MUCH, WOULD IT NOT BE BETTER TO PUMP THE OIL OUT. I COULD SEE THIS AS A WAY TO INCREASE PRODUCTION ON THE WELL. BUY THE WAY I STILL WAITING FOR A ROYALTY. THANKS AGAIN TO ANYONE WHO COULD HELP ME.

Mr. Johnson, as the oil/water/gas is usually under great pressure that far down most of the wells start out flowing and later have pumps installed. Your well has a cumulative production of 10,537 barrels in 61 days of actual production through the month of February, the last month I have production figures for. The normal pattern is for the well to flow and decline and then a pump be installed and production increases for a time and declines again hopefully to a long steady slow decline for decades. Your well wasn't what I would call a monster but it could produce for decades. Most of my division orders came 4 months after first sale of oil which isn't the same as first production. Payment should follow if there are no clouds on your title. The operator may delay paying you even with perfect title, but they would owe you interest for all payments more than 150 days past due. I hope this helps.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFO

r w kennedy said:

Mr. Johnson, as the oil/water/gas is usually under great pressure that far down most of the wells start out flowing and later have pumps installed. Your well has a cumulative production of 10,537 barrels in 61 days of actual production through the month of February, the last month I have production figures for. The normal pattern is for the well to flow and decline and then a pump be installed and production increases for a time and declines again hopefully to a long steady slow decline for decades. Your well wasn't what I would call a monster but it could produce for decades. Most of my division orders came 4 months after first sale of oil which isn't the same as first production. Payment should follow if there are no clouds on your title. The operator may delay paying you even with perfect title, but they would owe you interest for all payments more than 150 days past due. I hope this helps.

Jerry:

Keep in mind that this may be only the first well as more may be drilled in the future. Some operators are working at a rapid pace to get their acreages HBP. Mr. Kennedy's advice is correct as this is typical of most wells. Also keep in mind that you may be subject to other formations besides the Bakken. Time will only tell what this area holds in regards to crude. I have minerals in the areas of T157;R103W but no wells to date. Plans for a well in this area (on my acreage) is scheduled for June. Good luck in the future.

THANKS FOR YOUR INSIGHT

charles s mallory said:

Jerry:

Keep in mind that this may be only the first well as more may be drilled in the future. Some operators are working at a rapid pace to get their acreages HBP. Mr. Kennedy's advice is correct as this is typical of most wells. Also keep in mind that you may be subject to other formations besides the Bakken. Time will only tell what this area holds in regards to crude. I have minerals in the areas of T157;R103W but no wells to date. Plans for a well in this area (on my acreage) is scheduled for June. Good luck in the future.