New Verdun Permits Near Shelby

Verdun formed three 1300+ acre units in the Shepherd Survey A-94, near Shelby near the Fayette/Austin County line. They’ve permitted a first well in each unit but with all to be drilled from the same pad that will be off Wunderlich Road east of FM 389.

The new locations are two miles south of the Belleau Wood and Saint-Mihel wells Verdun completed on the other side of Shelby in Dec. 2019. They were strictly gas but each has made over 4 BCF in the first 18 months. Verdun, like Geosouthern in Washington County, must have decided the numbers work for straight gas wells as long as they are big ones.

1 Like

Dusty, looking at the RRC map, I only see two new units. What am I missing?

RRC only posts locations on their map after the permit is approved. Verdun applied for the first two on 9/9 and 9/10 and those two have been approved, but the 3rd permit wasn’t filed until 9/13. RRC then questioned something on the application so it’s still pending. Should appear on the map soon. Go to the RRC permit section for Fayette County and look the plats attached to the permits if you want to see that 3rd location. It’s called the Passchendaele.

1 Like

Thanks, Dusty! I found it with your help.

Verdun recently got permits approved for two more wells in the Shelby area, in this case a little to the east, just across the line in Austin County.

They’ll be drilled from the same pad where Verdun drilled two big gas wells in 2020. Each of these latest units cover over 1000 acres and they located these first wells the minimum distance allowed from the unit boundaries like they are anticipating more wells will be added in the future.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.