New to this, received purchase offer

Hi, I have inherited mineral rights in Lincoln County:

• E/2 NE/4 and SW/4 NE/4 of section 22, Township 16 North, Range 5 East
  • SW/4 of section 22, Township 16 North, Range 5 East
  • NW/4 of Section 34, Township 16 North, Range 5 East
  • N/2 NW/4 of Section 35, Township 15 North, Range 5 East

I received a card from Community Minerals inquiring about purchase in Lincoln County.

I know very little about this. Are these interests worth keeping? Is there a way to know a reasonable purchase price?

Thank you!

@STPT, some of those mailings are just mass mailings and others are more targeted to areas where new activity is proposed, or to where someone thinks new activity will be proposed.

There is an excellent Youtube video by Tracy at Pecan Tree about evaluating mineral rights. Some people think you should never sell, but everyone’s situation is different.

Are you receiving royalties from the Hutchison 1-21 well, API 35-081-24219, as it appears to be active in the SW of 22-16N-05E?

Thank you for responding and directing me towards the video, which I will watch. My grandparents were of the “never sell” mindset.

I’m not sure if I am receiving royalties from the Hutchison well. I have about two dozen “properties” in Texas and Oklahoma, so I have some paperwork to sort through.

Thank you again!

Seems like you should be getting paid on the Hutchinson 1-21H

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn about minerals. They are a unique asset and most people do not know how maximize their value or pass them on to loved ones. Above you will see this button:

It has lots of educational materials. Start with Minerals 101.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.