New to Mineral Rights

I inherited the mineral rights for land in Sheridan County, Township 32 North/Range 54 east. To my knowledge no one in our family ever investigated any opportunities with these rights. What steps do I take to investigate leasing? I live in Florida. Any guidance would be appreciated.

From what I know everything has slowed way down in this area of Sheridan County...

...My Family has 1100 acres of mineral interests in 34N52E that's currently leased out.

...To Southwestern Energy - however nothing at all has been done on those interests.

Perhaps Charles will happen upon your post soon and sound off.....

...He has perhaps one of the best ( if not the best ) grips on what's going on in this area of MT.

...I think it's safe to say Southwestern Energy is or has pulled out of this area in any event.

OK, thank-you Grumpett; I am interested in the process of how these companies determine where they drill. Do they use instrumentation to determine the likelihood of oil? If so, it that why they pull out of areas such as Sheridan county? Or are there other factors involved?

Grumpet Brumblecutt said:

From what I know everything has slowed way down in this area of Sheridan County...

...My Family has 1100 acres of mineral interests in 34N52E that's currently leased out.

...To Southwestern Energy - however nothing at all has been done on those interests.

Perhaps Charles will happen upon your post soon and sound off.....

...He has perhaps one of the best ( if not the best ) grips on what's going on in this area of MT.

...I think it's safe to say Southwestern Energy is or has pulled out of this area in any event.

Catherine:

Unfortunately, I don't have any updated information to pass your direction in regards to this area. Whenever I hear any information regarding this area, I will post it on the Sheridan County site. Currently, the majority of drilling is being conducted across the State line in ND. Other drilling activity is still being conducted mainly in the Roosevelt and Richland, MT areas to the South of Sheridan. As I tell others, it is sit and wait game but it only takes one good well to spur interest in an area.