New to mineral rights. Is anything happening in these areas?

does anyone know of any activity in 12, 13, 14, 15-5N - 1W and 22, 23, 24, 27-5N - 1W? Thank you!

Steph, if you are new to owning minerals, then you need to get your name and address and which acreage you own to the county clerk asap. There is quite a bit of activity in some of those sections and you should be receiving notices in the mail.

12 Charter Oak pooled in Feb 2017. BP bought the leases, and drilling may be soon. You need to follow up on this one.

13 Charter Oak pooled in Feb 2017. Follow up on this. BP probably bought this as well.

14 Charter Oak pooled in Jan 2017. BP bought the leases, and drilling may be soon. You need to follow up on this one.

15 Charter Oak pooled in Apr 2016. BP bought the leases, and drilling may be soon. You need to follow up on this one.

22 Charter Oak pooled in Dec 2016.

23 Charter Oak pooled in Jan 2017.

24 Charter Oak pooled in Feb 2017.

27 nothing yet.

BP bought out Charter Oak in this whole area and has been slow to get going. They have a well planned in 3, 10&15 so the first permit was filed there. May just take time....

M Barnes, thank you for your reply! We had to probate my grandfathers will, and my information was just filed with the county clerk last week. What do I do? Does this mean I am ineligible for the bonus on leases?

Some detective work may need to be done. You are probably stuck with the pooling orders that have already been done last year if your grandfather did not answer. I can tell you how to track everything down. Friend me with the blue icon next to my name.

1 Like

Done! My grandfather passed in 2015. So I have no idea what is happening with these mineral interests.