New shale play. Chesapeake?

Have many people on here been approached on their acreage in Kiowa conty Colorado? We are pretty sure this is a new shale play. I have gotten calls from a brokerage several times. They are offerning very little compared to what other areas are getting so i will not be signing anything until i know more.

I have been approached by several companies regarding acreage in Kiowa County. Can you tell me more about Chesapeake?

They are trying to extend the Niobrara south of Denver. My wife’s family was approached by Conoco Phillips recently.

Hi Mike,

I have investigated this somewhat. MacDonald Land Services, a company out of OK, has set up an office in Eads, Kiowa County Seat. It is my understanding that many offers have been made by this company. I made a phone counteroffer to theirs two weeks ago, and they have not contacted me since.

Your information is very interesting. Where did you get this info? I checked with COGCC about a month ago and they reported activity north of EADS and Brandon but little south of that. Our MRs are very south of Brandon right on the county line. I do not know anything about a Chesapeake play.

Thanks for your invite and the info.

If Chesapeake is involved, they will make you think they are going to pay you more bonus money than the others, but in the end you will get nothing.

http://blogs.forbes.com/christopherhelman/2011/06/10/its-high-time-chesapeakes-mcclendon-felt-the-heat/

My cousin is a geologist in Texas. Anytime I have an O&G question i call him. I told him where my acreage is and the company he is with drilled some wildcats in kiowa before natural gas prices fell. He has a ton of dope on the area and claims they had great shows in two formations. The atoka and cherokee shale. He knew the oil was there, but you could not get it out(or so the company he is with thought). Now with the new fracking technology he thinks its possible some of the big players have the technology to get that oil to the ground.

The two things that got him excited about this area was. the atoka and cherokee shale are shallow. less than 5500 where other plays in the country are three times that deep and profitable.

He also claims that the logs for atoka look just like the barnett shale logs.

Im not very familiar with the O&G industry but since being contacted a few weeks ago have been trying to do as much reading as possible.

One things is for sure this is not the Niobrara!

That goes to show you what a landman representing Conoco knows, he said they were expanding the Niobrara, I read the letter he sent.

Mike rhymer said:

One things is for sure this is not the Niobrara!

http://www.nighthawkenergy.com/projects/jolly-overview.html

This is one of the few companies trying to figure out how to get the oil out. The atoka/Cherokee/marmaton are much shallower in kiowa. If/when more of the big companies get some acreage in the area they will surely be able to figure out the stimulation technique required to get the oil out.. The economics are also much better considering its more than 2000 feet shallower in Kiowa county. And I herd that Macdonald land services bought a building across from Eads courthouse. Anybody heard something similar to that?

This will tell you about Chesapeake and their puppet, RedSky Land, which is just a few miles down the road from them.

http://ipr.interlochen.org/ipr-news-features/episode/12808
Carolyn Rohde said:

I have been approached by several companies regarding acreage in Kiowa County. Can you tell me more about Chesapeake?

Nighthawk is a European Company coming in and trying to get in on OUR American Energy! This is a company thoroughly devoid of scruples!

Thank you Mr. Bickenbach. You enthusiasm is appreciated.

Hans Bickenbach said:

Nighthawk is a European Company coming in and trying to get in on OUR American Energy! This is a company thoroughly devoid of scruples!

Hi Mike,

I was in Eads, CO last month and the word is that MacDonald Land Services has rented an office there. I did not personally investigate, but the folks in the County Office said that they had rented. MLS contacted me again today about our MRs. I haven't been able to get back to them yet. I plan on doing more investigating before we make any decisions.
Mike rhymer said:

http://www.nighthawkenergy.com/projects/jolly-overview.html

This is one of the few companies trying to figure out how to get the oil out. The atoka/Cherokee/marmaton are much shallower in kiowa. If/when more of the big companies get some acreage in the area they will surely be able to figure out the stimulation technique required to get the oil out.. The economics are also much better considering its more than 2000 feet shallower in Kiowa county. And I herd that Macdonald land services bought a building across from Eads courthouse. Anybody heard something similar to that?

As I mentioned elsewhere, my sister and I were contacted regarding our leases in Kiowa County. We appreciate your advice and at this point we have taken no action.

Hi Mike saw your posting just wandering if your cousin in texas works on his own or with a co. in texas. We are new at all of this O & G. Have some property that produced years ago for previous owners and need someone to ask questions to. If not maybe he could recommend someone. Thank you. Good luck on yours.

Hi Mike

I also wouldn't mind hearing what you cousin has to say about the Houston County area in Texas. We don't have any producing wells but there are a couple being place in the area. Want to go back to Landman and make some changes. But need more info. Haven't signed a lease yet.