New revised division orders Grady County, Ok

Just received revised division orders from EOG for Galaxy 2536 #1-4 wells, in Township 10NR5W sec. 25 and 36 does anyone know why we would be receiving these. Have already signed all the paperwork prior and been receiving checks, up until the past month. Thanks for any help

Humm, I also just received from EOG DO for WARHAWK which is a little south of you. They may be trying to get you to pay for deductions? The DO’s I received state I will have to pay for them; which is not the case. BEWARE they may be trying to trick you into changing your lease terms…

Hi, is there anything I can do to keep from having to pay the deductions? Thanks in advance

I am not an attorney and please do not take any comments as proven legal advise.
Check the terms in your lease. Many people add an Exhibit A with additional conditions – one of the important additional terms is called a No-deduction clause. Be sure and add this to any new leases. If not in the lease I am not sure what can be done. ( but again - I am not able to advise on legal matters) The lease that the Oil companies provide are solely in their favor not ours. If you don’t have an Exhibit to attach make an Oil legal contact and obtain one. Or simply by looking at other Oil leases in the Garvin County Clerks office can give you a good sample.to copy and use…

I meant Grady County, but any County Clerk’s office has Oil and Gas Leases on file. Go to the one close by or use the internet to access those files. Look for an Exhibit or Attachment A as the last pages. Also notice that the lease itself states an Exhibit is attached.

Please be aware that in Texas, due to recent Texas Supreme Court decisions, the law has changed regarding the exact language that must be in the lease or the addendum in order to avoid costs being deducted from royalties. An oil and gas lease may last up to 100 years, and while there are many documents you can draft yourself, an oil and gas lease is one legal document where you should consider getting the input of an oil and gas attorney. An addendum that you find in the deed records, if more than a year old, will not have the correct language.

Very simple, don’t sign a Division Order for Oklahoma. They still must pay.

thank You all for the info!!

If you already signed a division order, you shouldn’t have to sign another. They may be trying to trick you into getting more deductions on your checks. If you haven’t signed a division order, you can just use the division order approved by the National Association of Division Order Analysts.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.