New play?

Lets get to talking about the smithwick... The next big shale on the Eastern Shelf!

Lots of acreage is being leased in the Haskell/Jones/Stonewall area. What type of terms are people seeing?

I was wondering when someone was going to start talking about this. Apparently there has been quite a lot of activity between Haskell County and Throckmorton.

No joke! I was wondering if I was off my rocker, but nobody posted to this group I started months ago. There are plenty of articles describing the Smithwick Shale formation. It is closely correlated with the famous Barnett Shale, so it made me wonder if I had my facts straight. With there being lots of activity as Mr. Pogolov has stated, I can only presume liquids (Oil + NGLs) is the prize - correct? Sorry I haven't heard of any terms yet, and if I did - I'd let you know.

Thanks guys for starting this up!

Regards,

Ralpr

Can you send me those articles(a google search brings up very little). We drilled through it a few months ago and had the samples analyzed. We are considering trying it, but know to little at this point. The TOC and other factors were very similar to the samples we analyzed from the three finger formation in North central Nolan county.

I think that things are up to at least $350.00 an acre and a 20% royalty. At least that is what I heard from some of the ranch owners.

Who is paying that? Is it the the Devon, Concho and Chesapeakes?