New owner with no experience

First . . . please forgive my ignorance. I am very new to this! I have mineral rights.

I have a deed for mineral rights in Lea County. The deed does not indicate how many acres are included. I live in NC and a trip to Lea County is virtually out of the question. I know the deed book and page where my deed is recorded (DB 46, Page 200) but I have no way of determining the acreage is involved.

I currently have an offer for these mineral rights but am hesitant to do anything . . .

The deed says: “NORTHEAST QUARTER, (NE 1/4) NORTH HALF OF THE NORTHWEST QUARTER (SE 1/4 OF NW 1/4) SECTION 28 TOWNSHIP THIRTEEN SOUTH (13S) OF RANGE THIRTY EIGHT EAST (38E) OF N.M.B.M.” It also indicates we have undivided 1/28 interest.

The offer talks about paying a dollar amount for each net mineral acre and I have no idea how to calculate that!

Yep . . . I have virtually no experience!! Any advice or suggestions would sure be appreciated!!

I didn’t look at your deed etc. Based on what you wrote, it seems you have 1/28th of 160 acres in the NE/4 and 120 acres in the NW/4 (N/2 and SE/4). So 10 net mineral acres.

This is NOT in the great part of Lea County, but folks are drilling San Andres horizontals here. Mostly to the East, but it looks like Steward has drilled a well here in 2022. Gray Matter Fee. API 3002550754. Been producing since Dec '22. Steward force pooled all of Sec 28 in 2022, so…huh…hmmm…you are presumably unleased and have not been contacted by Steward?

If all you are getting is offers in the mail, I think I would contact Steward, ask for the land or division order dept, and ask them if they show you as having an interest in the Gray Matter Fee well. IMO you want to be leased (by Steward). Being force/compulsory pooled is not where you want to be.

https://stewardenergy.net/contact-us/

1 Like

First and foremost, let me thank you for helping me! I have followed your advice and contacted Steward and found out I have money in suspense with them already and found out I have money in suspense with them already!! I had no idea! And now I 1) know the number of acres I have in this parcel, and 2) how to determine net mineral acres!!

Thank you so much for your suggestions and your help!!!

1 Like

Hahaha! I do have an interest in Grey Matter Fee. And I just got a letter of notification that they have applied to force/compulsory pooling Grey Matter Fee 2H with Roof Pizza Fee 5H and Vamonos Fee 5H.

Look for image at the top of this page. There are resources to help you understand the language, laws and processes that impact your minerals interest ownership.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

1 Like

Actually, the notification didn’t give me a way to vote so I ASSUMED that this was being forced. But maybe this this isn’t really the definition of “forced pooling”

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.