New Operator won't respond to inquiries

My wife and I own mineral rights in Glasscock County, Texas. The operator on one of our properties (Legacy) went bankrupt and we had heard nothing from them or anything about the bankruptcy court for some time. Then in October 2021, we received a check in the mail from SBI West Texas I, LLC, for a small amount of money. We had never heard of them before, so I thought it was just another solicitation for our property. I began to shred the paperwork, as I usually do with these solicitations, but then realized it was a real check, and information about who was now operating the property. I salvaged the revenue statement and the cover letter, but not the check.

I have reached out to the company by email and by phone starting in October, 2021. We got through one time in November to one young man who said he would forward our issue to the accounting department. Since then, we have heard from no one, and no one returns our calls (no one answers the phone regardless of when we call.) Today, we sent another email with delivery and read receipt requested. The delivery was confirmed, but we also were informed that the email was deleted without reading it.

What recourse do we have? Someone should respond to our inquires, even if they are vexxed at us for having shredded the check and require a certain amount of time to issue another one. I realize that’s an inconvenience, but accidents happen, and it could just as well have been lost in the mail. It’s revenue to which we are entitled; doesn’t seem proper to just ignore us and hold on to the revenue. Thanks for any good suggestions or info on how to get this company to respond to us.

You need to send them a certified letter stating what happened and asking for a new check.

Thank you, Todd. We were preparing to do that and just this morning, someone emailed us, finally! Said they had lost one of their staff members. I guess it just took them 4 months to get to the back log. All’s well that ends well. Check supposed to be coming in February.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.