New oil lease James Latham Survey

I have mineral rights in Rusk County, TX & hope that I will be contact to renew my lease. Sabine Oil had leased previously & we ready to begin drilling for natural gas when they filed for bankruptcy. I have heard from no one in a few years now so am hopeful someone will contact me to sign a lease and begin the drilling. Can anyone share what leases are going for now days? I previously got $650 an acre.

Hey Cathy,

There are currently only two rigs in all of Rusk County, and they are in the far northern part of the county; the rigs are for Rockcliff and TANOS.

The last lease taken in your survey was in 2017, by a company called Cinron Energy. There are a few leases taken in adjacent surveys by Twin Resources, KJ Energy and Concord Land Services. I do not know the bonus rates.

Hello, I’m responding to inquire about additional operators and options; I as well am a land owner with lease about to expire in Rusk County. FM 3135 & CR263. We have a salt water disposal well onsite. Advice? Thank you, Mark

Hey Mark,

Do you have a legal description for your property?

Hello Trey,

Thank you for your response. We have two tracks that are separated by FM3135. “The McWilliams Bros” -larger tract description is as follows: 300.8 acre tract Benjamin Brown Survey, A-145,Rusk County. The 146 acre tract sits on a separate survey and is on the north side of FM3135. Total is 446+- acres. Thoughts??

Regards, Mark McWilliams