New offers to purchase interests in Fayette County, Texas

I have been offered $15,000 dollars for 100% of my interests in Fayette County. That is the most that I have ever been offered. Most offers have been in the $2,000-$3,000 dollar range. I am going to reject the offer for now and let it sit. I want to see what is up that they would offer so much. Some of these interests have been in the family since the 1940’s. If anyone else has had offers I would like to know. Thanks. I receive no royalty payments from Fayette County at this time.

This $15,000 offer - for how many net mineral acres?

Thanks for the response. What if I told you the offer was worded as such?..“200 acres, more or less out of Abstract xxx, xxxxxxxx, xx Survey”. What would your next question or statement be? I do have a reason for answering your question like this. Please bear with me.

How many acres do you own under that 200 acre tract?

Kraut: It has been awhile since we first communicated back 6 or so years ago. I remember that you owned some minerals near Muldoon; but, can’t remember how many acres nor if you owned any surface or not. Of course I’m personally not in favor of selling minerals unless there is a real need for the money or some greater benefit; but, would you refresh our memory. Thanks

It’s been a long time since we saw the first inquiry about these minerals on this forum; but, just reaching back on my failing memory, I believe the minerals are located in A-74 with the actual NMA much less than the 200. If not, IMO, the amount of money in the offering would be a steal. Good luck!

I’m confused. Are you saying that the deal would be a steal for them, or me.

On that particular mineral location you are correct. I have 8 mineral acres.

But…this is not the one I am referring to on this thread. At this time, I prefer to not disclose about the one I am posting here. As we speak I am going through old division orders to determine what I have or don’t have in regards to their offer.

The problem is that in their first sentence they state that they want to purchase 100% of my mineral rights in Fayette County. But they list only the one 200 acre location and it’s not on the A-74.

Do what smart people do. Call them.

1 Like

Not sure why but evidently I didn’t read your full post. What ever the case, I personally don’t like their general terms of all in Fayette county. Probably wouldn’t be interested anyway but any legal work needs to be narrowed down to specifics. Good luck!

I have decided to turn down the offer. Thanks for the responses.

The “let’s see if we can hoodwink somebody” language of “all minerals in so and so county” is used by many a mineral buyer simply to take advantage of the unknowing and ignorant. Never sign anything that contains that kind of language.

1 Like