New Mineral Rights Owner

Hello all,

I recently inherited a share the West 1/2 of Section 6, Block C8 in Reeves County. I am unsure of how to find out about activity in that area, and how to estimate what leasing offers are reasonable. Does anyone have any advice?

Best, May

May, I can’t help you with leasing offers for the area but Apache and Upcurve Energy have 2 permitted locations in the area. Apache’s location is permitted for a 16,000’ Wolfcamp well(API 389-37446)Upcurve Energy permitted location is permitted for a 11,300’ Wolfcamp well(API 389-37176). Apache spud(begin drilling) October 08, 2018/Upcurve spud(begin drilling) August 11, 2018.

I find no completion report at this time for either of those wells.

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=491931049&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAL1Qu27DMAz8mnQU9LBdd-BgBO2ctEEzGBkUW3AEyJZByWgL6ONLuyiQOp0z6Xg8HY9MgnOQSXAB4gGxqZpo_fDaYFvzEyz8hznrcQySUZuFqKNh8ZNNYaOqkpNCwka-PB8rgmqGLVrn7NDtDPY2hv1k8OvHlrWeRBn0Jl58e_Bb7RwROaCJEw4H_2Y0NheiSuA3aeqwdCvsAhs16v5du8ksISmDKp_UY5YVc5XD2XR2CEcbZzNy-1MLuaqv9aux4n5HCL_LFzDqzuDVkv9eRJzqtW4OCyJJEDwpAhnwlNNbEHH7-y73_AbGhC54YQIAAA

I find a couple of older horizontal gas wells(with condensate) drilled by Chesapeake back in 2007-2008 still producing from the Toyah NW(shale).

GIS Map of Reeves County Section 6/Block C8 and surrounding area:

DOUBLE LEFT CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Thank you Clint, this is very helpful! I wouldn’t know where to begin to find this info on my own.

I have a couple of other questions, if you happen to know the answers!

I know that the current lease will be up in August - when the time comes to sign a new lease, do companies typically reach out to owners, or do owners reach out to companies?

Is there a way to know what activity is going on in the surrounding properties? Ideally, I want to be able to find what companies have wells, where.

Companies generally will contact you if and when they are interested in leasing your acreage. Although you need to make sure that your name and address are up to date with the Reeves County Clerks Office.

Clint Liles

1 Like

Clint, where do I go to look for completion reports? Are they on the RRC website?