New Mineral owner in Grady County

Just received a letter that I inherited land and minerals in Grady County… Letter said Section 25-8N-5W… I understand it has a producing oil well as it shows Eisehour IH-25X…They have been looking for me sense May and havent got much info other than its a 20 acre tract and divide a few ways… Anyone know anything about whats going on in the area…

Scott, There is quite a bit of horizontal drilling going on all around this area. You will have to get your inheritance paperwork finished with the operator that drilled the well. (Newfield) You may get all sorts of offers to buy, but it would be really wise to get the inheritance straightened out, get yourself in “pay” status and then spend quite a bit of time reading over the forum and getting acquainted with what is going on in Grady, especially in 8N-5W before doing anything along those lines. Read the Newfield investor presentations, also Continental Resources, Alta Mesa and Marathon.

Thanks…I have some mineral rights in The Eagle Ford in south Texas that was quite lucrative but has been pumping for ten years…Also have some in Pottawatomie County in Oklahoma… Its funny you get a letter from a landman before you even hear what you inherited … She is an agent for Newfield… All I know is its a 20 Acre tract and divided into parts but dont know how many are involved.

Ask the agent from Newfield to please share the paragraph from the title opinion that pertains to you so that you can put it in your records. If she won’t share, then ask her the book and page that it is on at the county.

idocmarket.com is the website for looking up documents in Grady County.

www.okcountyrecords.com has most of the rest of the counties. Pottawatomie is not on it, so they may have their own site.

Ask the agent from Newfield to please share the paragraph from the title opinion that pertains to you so that you can put it in your records. If she won’t share, then ask her the book and page that it is on at the county.

Thanks for the advice M. Barnes… I will do… Im waiting on some paperwork now that they found me…

Scott1012: I own minerals in this unit. Wish it was better. Not anywhere near what other areas of the play are finding. Maybe better wells in the future, but only the dinosaurs know for sure.

Todd M. Baker

Todd I was told there was not a well in pay status but in my search there was one completed last year…

Eisenhour 1H-25X was completed 10/6/17. First Sales date was 10/17/17.
You don’t go into pay status until your title is cleared.
Surface location is in 24. Tax site has info by section 36.

I received my first check 2 months ago.

It took almost a year to get a royalty check? Was it for a year back?

I have only about 1 net mineral acre so I doubt I get much even for a year back…

Scott 1012:

First production was in 10/2017.