New Mineral Leasing

I have been contacted by a leasing group to lease some minerals I own in Leon County. I was wondering if others have been contacted to lease, not sell. The company that is interested in leasing is Kimmeridge or also VIV Leases, LP.

Thanks for any response.

1 Like

Google Viv Leases, LP. It shows that they are a Foreign Company! Comstock is about the only company drilling in Leon County. Lease to a company that is “drilling” not one that is not capable of drilling a $20 million dollar wells.

2 Likes

Kimmeridge is an energy investment firm headquartered in New York:

https://kimmeridge.com/

Looks like they have set up a limited partnership to handle leasing in this project:

https://www.bizapedia.com/tx/viv-leases-lp.html

They are probably trying to get in on the Lower Bossier/Haynesville play that is underway in Robertson and Leon Counties.

You can get an understanding of this play by reading prior posts in the Leon County forum.

3 Likes

Kimmeridge has hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal and back operators all the time. Pretty sure they can handle a $20 million dollar if they’re wanting to invest in an area…

Good morning, I have been waiting to get my property leased in Leon County. Do you mind telling me where in Leon County you are located to see if I am close to your area. Do you know your abstract or survey name? I sure appreciate any info you can share.

Comstock is the major player in Leon County at the present time. Probably all Kimmeridge will do is lease it and sell it to another actual drilling company.

You’re assuming business strategy of a multi-million investment firm that backs several oil and gas operators. Just because Comstock is the only one drilling Leon County right now, that does not mean that other parties can’t enter the county.

@GWF , Kimmeridge is a legit firm and I would work to get the best terms you can get. Where is your acreage located? Comstock has a window where they are leasing and you could likely get them to bid as well.

My property is in multiple abstracts : A-1085, A-972, A-187, A-932.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

No recent leasing in 187 or 1085. Surprise Valley, one of the entities leasing for Comstock, has leased a small tract in 972. Comstock acquired some held by production leases from Legacy Reserves in 932, but has done no new leasing there. However, Vanna Production has done some leasing adjacent to 932.

1 Like

PermianResearch, do you actually think that Kimmeridge is going to drilling multiple deep gas projects in Leon County, Texas? Just let us in on all your knowlege of what is going to happen with this play in Leon County.

I’m not privy to Kimmeridge’s plans, but I know they have the capability and resources to make that happen if they wanted. To say that Comstock is the only company able to drill a horizontal well in Leon County is silly.

Call me . Maybe I can get you a better offer. My cell is (832) 450-0488. I am independent.

1 Like

Where in Leon county are you leasing at? I am located in eastern part of the county on the trinity river SE of centerville. I have a little over 300 ac. that not tie up in anything.

1 Like

Call me . Ideally on the other side to the west would be nice . Are you Southeast or Northeast? Call anytime . Merry Christmas! My cell is (832) 450-0488

Southeast fm 811 area

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.