New Leases in Hill Co

I have had a lease with Quicksilver for 8 years between Blanton and Osceola which expires in April and I wonder if there is any leasing in this area on un-drilled land.Considering the price of natural gas I can't let myself get too excited about getting a new lease but being surrounded by many wells including 7 in our survey, I have a little hope. I would appreaciate any responce. johncundieff@yahoo.com

John: We are in the same boat. Our tract in Hill County is near the intersection of FM933 & FM934. Quicksilver's last drilling permit was secured in October 2010 in Hill County which is adjacent to our property but that permit should have expired last Fall. I do not believe they drilled due to low natural gas prices. No other Operator's have secured a drilling permit in the County since that time either. We know we have a favorable prospective area on our tract as I learned the seismic was good so I am hopeful that renewed activity will return to the County at some point in the future. The NG prices are above 4 bucks per mcf and we are getting closer to where this can be commercial for Operator's to drill in our dry gas region.

Thanks for responding. I had a responce on the Barnett shale forum about 3 weeks ago from a geologist,Rett Fisher, with Lighthouse Exploration in Corpus Christi and he said they would match Quicksilver's offer of $300 and 1/5th with a one year lease and they would drill in that year but it depends on if his company can secure more acreage. We only have 32 1/2 acres and that isn't large enough for a n horizontal well. There should be many leases expiring in our area as we all leased about the same time. He called me after I emailed some info back to him and we had a good phone visit as I too have a degree in geology which has gone unused for nearly 50 years after I got it but I keep up with activity if it is near my stuff. His phone number is (361) 693-4001 so why don't you call him as he indicated his company wants to make a presence in the Barnett. Our interest is in the Hanna Boone survey and FM 934 is in the SW corner and FM 933 is NW of us but close. What survey are you in? Quicksilver has renewed our lease twice in the past but we haven't heard anything from them and our lease expires the 28th of this month. So I hope Rett can find more land to lease because Quicksilver has had it 8 years and never drilled and I'm 77 and kind of in a hurry. We own several hundred acres near here with 2/3rds of the minerals and got a lease a year ago and there is a lot of leasing in Anderson Co so I have hope here also. I'll pass on any news as I learn it. Stay in touch. John Cundieff. johncundieff@yahoo .com

John: We are in the J Edwards Survey 276 acres. I believe there are available unleased tracts to our adjacent north but not too sure. Our tract is a bit over mile in length and close to a half mile wide. With horizontal drilling they will require more acreage possibly depending on the length of the laterals. I am sure they could JV with an Operator such as QRI but I think they are struggling these days. That is good info you have that there may be renewed interest but it is going to cost several million to drill a horizontal well these days. Water may be another issue. There is no doubt that the natural gas trend is upward and I would not be surprised to begin to see leasing resume in Hill County. Let's stay in touch. mikeigau@gmail.com

john cundieff said:

Thanks for responding. I had a responce on the Barnett shale forum about 3 weeks ago from a geologist,Rett Fisher, with Lighthouse Exploration in Corpus Christi and he said they would match Quicksilver's offer of $300 and 1/5th with a one year lease and they would drill in that year but it depends on if his company can secure more acreage. We only have 32 1/2 acres and that isn't large enough for a n horizontal well. There should be many leases expiring in our area as we all leased about the same time. He called me after I emailed some info back to him and we had a good phone visit as I too have a degree in geology which has gone unused for nearly 50 years after I got it but I keep up with activity if it is near my stuff. His phone number is (361) 693-4001 so why don't you call him as he indicated his company wants to make a presence in the Barnett. Our interest is in the Hanna Boone survey and FM 934 is in the SW corner and FM 933 is NW of us but close. What survey are you in? Quicksilver has renewed our lease twice in the past but we haven't heard anything from them and our lease expires the 28th of this month. So I hope Rett can find more land to lease because Quicksilver has had it 8 years and never drilled and I'm 77 and kind of in a hurry. We own several hundred acres near here with 2/3rds of the minerals and got a lease a year ago and there is a lot of leasing in Anderson Co so I have hope here also. I'll pass on any news as I learn it. Stay in touch. John Cundieff. johncundieff@yahoo .com

I found the J. Edwards survey on my large Hill Co map and through the years I have indicated wells drilled with a small orange dot and I noticed there are 5 Quicksilver wells on the Thomas Heard survey that joins you on the east and one Quicksilver well on the Seymore Pool survey on your south. There are 7 wells in our survey mostly OEG but no Quicksilver wells. But they do have many on our west and southwest. John