New Lease Proposal Received Today

$350 per mineral acre bonus and 20% royalty for 3 year lease with 2 year extension option 100 acres A-169 near southern edge of Burleson county east of Somerville. I’m not an oil and gas pro but my prediction is that natural gas will double by next year due to enhanced export capacity to Europe. So, I’m going to hold out for better offers down the road.

1 Like

We’re about 5 miles due north of Somerville and got $700/ac in 2017. You may be right about gas prices and, if I recall, the farther south you go in Burleson Co. the higher percentage of gas the wells produce. I’d hold out, too.

Was contacted on May 24, 2023 by the same Land Services (Pinson Land) that offered to lease in March. The offer was sweetened a bit to 22.5% royalty and $450 bonus.

That is the same royalty and almost same bonus to what I signed for in January for our minerals in the Abner Smith League A-209. We took a smaller bonus in exchange for a larger spud fee later. Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.