New Horizontal Wells

Is there a way to find out if the mineral rights you own are included in new wells, that you might not otherwise be aware of?

If you will post the Section - Township - Range of your minerals, there are many qualified people on the forum that can help you.

As Don said, post your S-T-R and we can help. Also, if you recently inherited, make sure that your name and address and the title documents are properly filed in the county courthouse where the mineral rights are located. If there are OCC cases that are filed before new wells, you will get a mailing. Are you familiar with the OCC website. There are ways to find out there as well. If not, ping back and I will give you the website links.

Sec 12 T 8N R 4W Sec 07 T 8N R 3W

Thank You for your help

12-8N-4W does have a well already drilled by EOG. The surface location is in 3609N04W. McMahan 1012 1H drilled back in 2018. The well is online.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD9A4E6.pdf The pertinent cases were 201804291, 201807910, 201804293, 201804242 Look them up on the OCC website listed below.

7-8N-3W. Cases are 201807126, 201807128, 201807129, EOG was planning something, but no well yet.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx

What about the CANDI 1411 wells? #2H #3H #4H

It is more helpful if you ask a particular question. What exactly do you want to know? Have you looked up the wells on the websites listed above?

I’m sorry I was wondering if those wells were included in section 12 08n 04w ?

CANDI 1411 wells? #2H #3H #4H

No, they are not. They have a surface location in 23 and go north into 11. The hint is in the name.

Section 10, 9n 4W. Any activity?

Welcome to the forum! Depending upon your mineral location in the section, there are some old wells that are still online. There is also a pending set of Oklahoma Corporation Commission cases which have a hearing set for 8/11/20. Roan Resources was planning on horizontal drilling in the section. They were acquired by Citizen Energy Operating and all pending requests for hearings transferred to them. Then COVID happened, so everything has been slowed down.

If you have newly inherited minerals in that section, then you need to contact Citizen Energy Operating, LLC at 320 S. Boston Ave, Suite 900, Tulsa, OK 74103 and let them know that you should be added to their mailing list. They may need title documentation from you.

Thank you so much. I had a lease with the 2 year option that was exercised but that expired this year, maybe last year, can’t remember. No correspondence and I used to get tons of mail from a law firm and now hear zippola. The lease and another lease is on file at the county. Thanks again.

Do you know how to look up all the OCC cases? They should be sending updates after the 8/11/20 meeting. Either it will get delayed again, or there will be orders. If you don’t have the links, let me know and I will post.

There were many many case numbers and I think I may have them, but the info was all coming from a law firm and then nothing. I’ve called the law firm and I’ve called Citizens and Roan and the law firm and zip. I’ll do some checking maybe this week. I don’t think there is any drilling based on the occeweb best as I can tell. Costs being what they are and production not being what was expected. Thank you … I can try to call some folks again.

I contacted and heard from Citizen Energy, formerly Roan, who said they sold their interest in “LEE1” to Blue Cedar Energy and gave me contacts numbers and cc’d the company. I called and left my property location and name and number. I remember looking on occe… and seeing a well named LEE but I can’t remember where I looked, if you can help! Thank you. I just need to know if someone has a permit to drill, is my lease expired, etc. Mainly because my address has changed and I did all the correct stuff but methinks it’s still in error.

OK, I’ve talked to nice people from Blue Cedar and the LEE well is not in my area of the Section and it’s a vertical well only. I’ve found that Native Exploration has a “permit to drill” approved in Nov 2019, expires May 2021 and it’s one of those slant wells angling into Section 10. I’ve been told that they have to drill before my lease expires, which was like earlier in 2020, and that person said he did not see any drilling and in his opinion,the lease ending in early 2020 is not valid. Not likely, with the price of oil/gas that there is any drilling.

Time will tell, so patience at this point. Prices are starting to come up, so we can hope that activity will pick up when appropriate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.