New here! Section 39-9N-4W question

Hi, I’ve learned my grandmother (deceased) is credited with owning minerals in McClain County. The section is 39-9N-4W, held with Charter Oak Company. I’m working with them to transfer this now. This is all new to me. I’d love to know anything you may know about this area & how I can proceed or where a good place to do research may be. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum!
Read through the post in McClain and that will help get you oriented. The Mineral Help tab above is useful. You will find the OK Oil and Gas Commission well records website very handy and free! https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx.
The OK Tax site is also helpful. Gross Production

Maureene:

First thing is familiarize yourself with the legal description. There is no Section 39. Only Sections 1 thru 36.

Thank you! It’s Section 34-not 39.

Go ahead and get your title cleared up and get into pay status on the well that your grandmother owned. EOG had planned to drill a horizontal into the section. It was dismissed, but interest may (or may not) pick up again now that prices are higher than a year ago.

Welcome to this forum and the wild world of oil and gas. Ask Charter Oak was is needed to get the royalties into “pay status”. They will likely give you some title requirements. These may range from an affidavit or heirship to a probate. There are lots of resources in this forum regarding these issues. If you are told a probate you should now that it must be from an Oklahoma court. So if your grandmother lived in another state you should visit with an attorney to determine whether a probate will be needed in both states.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.