New here and looking for help

I have been contacted by a friend in the area, that gas companys are intrested in this area. I had a landman contact me two days latter as far as I know I was the first to be contacted, since I know quite a few there. I own 21 acres but I think we can combine some adjacent land as well.

Ok how is this acheved, Lawyers? landmen? or out side consulting company?

The offers I am reading are more then what was offered by the landman. Can a lease be combined with the royalty package.

I don't live in the area at this time but also don't want to destroy it for the future.

any help would be great

I had a Leaseing agent contact my father and I set up a meeting with him the following weekend. He came up with a contract and a notary guy. He was the rudest most pushy guy I have ever dealt with. Espically when we said we arenot going to sign anything untill we get more information on this and see if there are any better offers he got real pushy. Nothing I couldent laugh off really but then he called me about 3 times a week for a month and said one of the rudest most underhanded schemes I have ever heard. I would never deal with anyone like that. I am hopeing this is an isolated incodent and all leasers/landmen dont behave in such a brash manner.

Top of everthing the contract handed to us was an insult in just about evey aspect IMO. We have heard of people with a fraction of the acreage we have getting twice what was offered and better terms. I want to talk to a lawyer rite before I/ my Mother and Father agree to sign anything and see what everyone else is getting offered. Go from there if we do anything at all,

I also heard correct me if Im wrong that Shell is not intrested in Venango County anymore.

I was contacted by mail around Feb 1st by Caffey company out of Ft Worth, Texas. There offer was quite low from others I have heard of and I have an appointment with my attorney in March to discuss the issue.

I too am new to this discussion group; we are mineral rights owners in Cherrytree township, Venango county in the Oil Creek State park..The land was taken by the state by condemnation for emminant domain in 1969..My parents retained the mineral rights and Range Resources leased the rights and put a legacy well down in 1997..It is pretty much played out and they have not expressed any interest in another well..We cannot lease to anyone else; but can sell the rights..We have been contacted by Marc Resources.. and Northwest Bank Oil and Gas There are any number of companies out there...My question is how much are rights selling for per acre there in Venango county. Marc seems to be ok to work with, but we are waiting for a good offer..I was told that Clarion county land is going for several thousand dollars pe acre..Can anyone verify prices ? thanks, terry caldwell

Im not to sure on how selling your mineral rites would be that diffrent a concept as us leaseing ours. There are attorneys out there who will fight to get you a decent lump sum of money per acre per 1-5 years or however long you want to sign the lease for. They also and this is where you come in have to pay out a percentage in royalitys per well if a well does produce.

I cant give a set price per leaseing/selling per acre but I know a few people who have already recieved 4-5 Thousand per in a 5 year lease agrement and a limit on heavy machinery, No landscaping ect.. that worked out seemingly well.

I wouldent make a move without an attorney on my side I know thats for cirten.

Thanks Neil, I have been away from the area for quite awhile..Appreciate your help..I would ask if you have a name of a lawyer in the Venango County area who would help negotiate this...Thanks, Terry Caldwell

Terry I will get the name of the Attorney who is helping us + a groupe of peopple around the surrounding area. We all met as a large groupe. Im sure he will fill you in on the tehnical, hard to figure out questions and if hes not to bussy Im sure he will fight for you too. Mabey you could contact a few people you know up there and do it as a groupe of property/mineral rites owners. Ill try to get back to you tomorow or ASAP.

Terry Caldwell said:

Thanks Neil, I have been away from the area for quite awhile..Appreciate your help..I would ask if you have a name of a lawyer in the Venango County area who would help negotiate this...Thanks, Terry Caldwell

Again thankks Neil, i will wait to hear back from you. If i understand things, it is not to be in a hurry to close a deal..We have been offered $35,000.00 for the rights to the acreage ....but I do not think that is the best offer to be had...terry

Neil Collins said:

Terry I will get the name of the Attorney who is helping us + a groupe of peopple around the surrounding area. We all met as a large groupe. Im sure he will fill you in on the tehnical, hard to figure out questions and if hes not to bussy Im sure he will fight for you too. Mabey you could contact a few people you know up there and do it as a groupe of property/mineral rites owners. Ill try to get back to you tomorow or ASAP.

Terry Caldwell said:

Im curious Terry How many Acers do you own In Venango County?

No No, Terry, Our Lawyer Steven C. Townsend, Esq. Wrote out a contract and brief header (This isent the exact quote) explaining how a few companys are out of the race there or are just waiting for a good time to make more offers. So if the competition has thinned out it may take a little longer to market our particular land in order to recieve a lease that will provide adequate protections as well as fair compensation for our resources. He is going to periodicly update us on the market and intrest in our land as a good attorney should and has been doing. So I see and I agree with your statement that time is not of the essence 100%.

Here is the information Isaid I would pass on to you (Anyone else looking for an outstanding,expirenced Lawyer who will find the best deal for you and yours). I, Neil Collins, as a family member who owns land will give the Lawyer working for us my whole hearted recomendation. Yes he Does and will work in Venango County. As far as his workload and avaibility I dont know about. You would have to call or e mail direct.

ShaleAdvice, LLC

Steven C. Townsend, Esq.

1600 Lawyers Building

428 Forbes Aveneu

Pittsburgh, PA, 15219

Telephone# (885) 534-7788

Website: www.ShaleAdvice.com tell him that Paul Collins and Frank Gregg recomened him

Terry Caldwell said:

Again thankks Neil, i will wait to hear back from you. If i understand things, it is not to be in a hurry to close a deal..We have been offered $35,000.00 for the rights to the acreage ....but I do not think that is the best offer to be had...terry

Neil Collins said:

Terry Caldwell said:

Hi Neil, well I have tried the number you gave me for Mr. Stevens; but it appears to be an incorrect one. Can you resend it to me? 1-885-534-7788 does not go through..thanks terry..FYI the acreage is 140.5 acres...thanks again, terry

Neil Collins said:

No No, Terry, Our Lawyer Steven C. Townsend, Esq. Wrote out a contract and brief header (This isent the exact quote) explaining how a few companys are out of the race there or are just waiting for a good time to make more offers. So if the competition has thinned out it may take a little longer to market our particular land in order to recieve a lease that will provide adequate protections as well as fair compensation for our resources. He is going to periodicly update us on the market and intrest in our land as a good attorney should and has been doing. So I see and I agree with your statement that time is not of the essence 100%.

Here is the information Isaid I would pass on to you (Anyone else looking for an outstanding,expirenced Lawyer who will find the best deal for you and yours). I, Neil Collins, as a family member who owns land will give the Lawyer working for us my whole hearted recomendation. Yes he Does and will work in Venango County. As far as his workload and avaibility I dont know about. You would have to call or e mail direct.

ShaleAdvice, LLC

Steven C. Townsend, Esq.

1600 Lawyers Building

428 Forbes Aveneu

Pittsburgh, PA, 15219

Website: www.ShaleAdvice.com tell him that Paul Collins and Frank Gregg recomened him

Terry Caldwell said:

Neil Collins said:

Terry Caldwell said:

Terry, This is his contact info straight from the website I linked you up to. If these dont work try an email or wait for me to get the paper work again. Neil Collins

Mr. Townsend's Cell again is Cell: 412-901-7352

Tell him Paul Collins and Frank Gregg gave their recomendation.

Thank You,

Neil Collins

Edit- My father Paul Collins said if you call his cell phone and leave a message with your name and number (obviously) he always gets rite back to you.

Steven C. Townsend, Esq.
1600 Lawyers Building
428 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Office: 855-534-7788
Cell: 412-901-7352

Terry Caldwell said:

Hi Neil, well I have tried the number you gave me for Mr. Stevens; but it appears to be an incorrect one. Can you resend it to me? 1-885-534-7788 does not go through..thanks terry..FYI the acreage is 140.5 acres...thanks again, terry

Neil Collins said:

ShaleAdvice, LLC

Steven C. Townsend, Esq.

1600 Lawyers Building

428 Forbes Aveneu

Pittsburgh, PA, 15219

Terry Caldwell said:

Neil Collins said:

Terry Caldwell said: