New DO according to "as drilled" plat

I just received a new DO with a letter stating this is necessary due to the ownership has changed whereby the participation factor has been correct for Tract 20 (formerly identified as Tract 35) in accordance with the "As Drilled " plat. The DO is lowering my ownership decimal interest from .007 to .004 and when asked why I was told it was due to the participation factor changed from Mineral Interest x 1134/3602.5 to Mineral Interest x 903.9/4651.4. That is the reason for the revised division order. Which doesn’t tell me why and the run around just goes like that. Has anyone heard of this type of change? Please note that I am an UNLEASED owner (long story) so I’m not sure if anyone has experience with this. Appreciate your input here. Thanks!

It sounds like they drilled outside the plat so they pulled more acreage into the unit; however, I’m having a hard time reconciling those acreages…the large size seems like they could be old vertical units. They change unit sizes for various reasons - expand the field, etc. If you post the well name, you may get more feedback.

It is Clare Glassell 71-TTT-B01-204H

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.