New division order with unsigned lease

I received a Division order from Antero to sign related to the Maxson Unit in Ritchie County WV.

I inherited 0.04197 net acres and never signed the oil and gas lease. This is the 2nd division Oder I received, the first was for a Sandy unit.

I only know 2 of the othe family members that are part of this inheritance and they are just ignoring everything from Antero.

I was too but received 2 checks so now I’m thinking I need to do something here with taxes and liability and everything.

Where do I start? Am I too late? Will Antero just keep sending checks? I’ve called and emailed Antero but am getting now answers.

Thanks for your help!

1. Where should you start? you should consult with a WV oil & gas lawyer regarding this.

2. it is possible that you or your family members did not sign a lease, but the lease was still in existence from a well drilled years ago and the legal description encompasses your land. Or a special commissioner was appointed to execute a lease on your behalf. There may be other reasons.

3. You should have no liability.

4. The absolutely foolish thing to do is to ignore this. Antero is sending your relatives money. If they choose not to do anything with free money arriving in an envelope, there are plenty of people or charities that will gladly take this annoyance off their hands.

5. You are not too late.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.