New CGS Operating Drilling Permits

CGS Operating LLC has applied for drilling permits for two wells in Dawson County:

Stonecreek Unit #M 1H: 10,100’ horizontal well; 8.6 miles SW of Lamesa; Sections 42 & 43, Block 36 T5N, T & P RR Co. Survey, Abstract 1367.

Foxrun #U 1H: 9000’ horizontal well, 9.1 miles SW of Lamesa; Moore CSL, League 269, Labor 2.(rig location); then heads north into Glasscock CSL, League 276, Labors 23, 14, and 11.

Both wells are targeting the Spraberry formation. CGS has permitted any wells since May 2020.

Thanks for updates in the area! We are leased currently in the NW/4, Section 20, Block 35 T4N and SW, Section 16, Block 36 T4N. Are either of our areas in the Spraberry formation that you are mentioning? Or are we too far east? Thanks for any info.

No, you are not too far east. I see a lot of producing Spraberry wells quite a bit further east. Energen Resources Corp. drilled a 12,500’ Spraberry well in Section 20 (Warren lease) that produced oil, but is now plugged.

CGS (EOG) will be drilling many wells after the smashing success on the santorini unit- came in at 1,000 bbls per day

I hope you are correct that CGS (EOG) will be drilling many new wells in this area. CGS still hasn’t officially reported the Santorini production on the RRC website yet. Since I don’t live in the Lamesa area, I would appreciate any updates on the new wells that CGS (EOG) just permitted.

You can find production volumes on RRC under Production Reports Query - Form PR. In first set of boxes, Production by Lease, enter District 8A, and use permit# 862276 since there is no lease number assigned. Then select Pending and range of months such as Jan 2020 to Nov 2020. Monthly production reports for May through Oct are available.

1 Like

Thank you so much for showing me how to find this data! I wonder if they ever drilled the Santorini #2H ???

they have cleared the location (stonecreek unit) and have said they plan on spudding in january. I have seen the check stub from EOG for santorini #1- they only drilled one well so far

I believe ShaleXP shows two producing wells in the Santorini unit.

Santorini production records show “Spraberry” as the producing formation until October. The formation shown in October is "Rusmag (CMM Sand) Note the increased production in October. Some of the Santorini production reports show “CGS” and others show “EOG” as the operator.

CGS Operating applied for a drilling permit on 12/18 for a 9000’ TVD horizontal well called the Foxrun #U H1. Today they amended the permit to extend the depth to 10,100’ TVD. I wonder why they did this??