New Appraisal Values?

Just received a new appraisal of my property in Reeves County. Just curious if everyone is getting one, or if maybe they are just targeting those of us who appealed and got the valuation reduced last time? This new proposed value is less than what they tried to value it in 2021 but still a 40% increase over my appealed value (so I guess this proves my 2021 appeal made sense). Blk 59, Section 17

Reeves sent out the annual surface appraisals last week. These are different from the wells / producing minerals appraisals which were sent in April. If any well was not on the original list, then its appraisal will be sent separately at any time.

Correct, this is a surface appraisal (I do not have any wells on my land; always can hope). It sounds like everyone is getting a new surface appraisal. Mine went up 40%. Others seeing the same size increase? Thanks.

What is going on in Reeves County? It looks like they replaced the old Reeves CAD system, but the new system is not functional. Does anyone know if there is a place to find the data that used to be on the old Reeves CAD system? Back in 2021, I had pretty much figured out what was what in the old Reeves CAD system. Is there even a place now on-line to do a property search? I really can’t make sense of the June 9, 2023 notice of appraised value statement. It is proposing a 71% increase and yet states “The difference between the 2018 appraised value and the 2023 appraised value is 0%.” What is the calculation for the “Net Appraised”? Those are just some of the questions.

are you referencing - RCAD property search

Yes! Thanks so much! My old links no longer worked and my internet searches failed to find it.

I also received the new appraisal letter, it’s appraised at the same value as last year,but there isn’t a monetary amount attached

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.