New action in NW part of Prowers County?

Has anybody heard of any new activity in the northwest part of Prowers county??

I'm looking for activity NE of Holly and know of none.

Should any pop up, would appreciate hearing about it via this board.

Have a great week.

My sister and I have land just south of Lamar and have been approached by Montex out of Montana, which I assume are landmen for a larger concern. We have never done this before, and would like to have a local Attorney (general area) negotiate for us. Any suggestions would help.

David--

I have some mineral rights just north of Lamar and I am trying to lease them. I have not heard of Montex so I googled them and the results were not that favorable in my opinion. Everything seemed to be about Montex in Texas?? There is a discussion about them on the forum.

Fayette County, TX - Oil & Gas Lease

in Oil and Gas Leasing Help Group

Hope you can use the info. Let me know if you hear of any more activity in the area.

Thanks --Bill

David --------

I agree with William, Montex's presence on the web leaves me cold. Website lists Colorado counties but not Prowers as counties of interest.

However, here is what I would do:

Ask Montex to put their interest / offer in writing. IE: ------

Lease bonus dollar rate per acre.

Royalty rate to you.

Length of proposed lease.

Options to renew, if any.

Option bonus exercise rate per acre to you, if they are asking for an extension option.

Draft of proposed lease.

Then, if they produce an offer, in a proposed lease, that is close to something you would consider, somehow someone on this board will help you find an advisor to help you thru the process.

Best rule, don't sign anything until you fully have confidence in the fact that you understand what you are signing.

Good luck.

William,

Some info here on Montex. If they won't pay their taxes how do you know you will get your royalty checks??

I would not personally do business with this group.

http://delcode.delaware.gov/sessionlaws/ga118/chp788.shtml

Clint Liles

Been out of town for a week. Thanks for the reply. Montex has approached our neighbor also. He controls about 1400 acres. We received a lease in the mail with "fill in the blanks" spaces on it for bonus and royalties They stated they would call in about 10 days to "talk" about it. Whatever the hell that means. Think we may need legal help with this

WILLIAM MATTHEWS said:

David--

I have some mineral rights just north of Lamar and I am trying to lease them. I have not heard of Montex so I googled them and the results were not that favorable in my opinion. Everything seemed to be about Montex in Texas?? There is a discussion about them on the forum.

Fayette County, TX - Oil & Gas Lease

in Oil and Gas Leasing Help Group

Hope you can use the info. Let me know if you hear of any more activity in the area.

Thanks --Bill

Allen: We have been gone for a week. Thank you very much for the info. We did receive a lease in the mail. Not sure what to do a this point, but you are correct, I don't think we will be signing anything without some legal advice. Thanks again.

Allan J. Kvasnicka said:

David --------

I agree with William, Montex's presence on the web leaves me cold. Website lists Colorado counties but not Prowers as counties of interest.

However, here is what I would do:

Ask Montex to put their interest / offer in writing. IE: ------

Lease bonus dollar rate per acre.

Royalty rate to you.

Length of proposed lease.

Options to renew, if any.

Option bonus exercise rate per acre to you, if they are asking for an extension option.

Draft of proposed lease.

Then, if they produce an offer, in a proposed lease, that is close to something you would consider, somehow someone on this board will help you find an advisor to help you thru the process.

Best rule, don't sign anything until you fully have confidence in the fact that you understand what you are signing.

Good luck.

My Lord, looks like no one pays taxes in Delaware

Clint Liles said:

William,

Some info here on Montex. If they won't pay their taxes how do you know you will get your royalty checks??

Clint Liles

So many energy companies incorporate out of Delaware too.

David B. Dozier said:

My Lord, looks like no one pays taxes in Delaware

Clint Liles said:

William,

Clint Liles

Jeff,

Thanks for the info. This site looks like something I've been looking for.

Thanks again.

William