Nevada Cty - lease offers and lawsuit from ATLANTA Exploration

Has anyone received lease offers from Atlanta Exploration for Nevada Cty, Section 9 Township 15 South, Range 22 West ( also known as the Works Field) and/or received suit papers from the attorney for Atlanta Exploration if you have ignored this pitiful lease, forcing the issue to the courts to have them determine fair lease terms and set up a receiver ? I believe this is known as force pooling or integration and has been held by the Arkansas Supreme Court to be a fair legal avenue. SO, just venting here, in Arkansas you have no right to reject a pitifully poor lease and if you dare to ignore it, the oil company can just take you to court to force the issue and cost your more money. One of these leases is for 5 years with a whole 75/net mineral acre , 1/6 royalty and 20 bonus !

I have also been told that they have issued lease for Section 3, known as Mill Creek East, terms just as ridiculous… Of course, Atlanta Exploration says that some 50 mineral interest owners have signed these leases on the poor terms that frankly are not worth the time it takes to sign and return. The Mill Creek East lease has not yet been set up for a lawsuit, but I imagine that it will.

If anyone has received and or agreed to a lease with Atlanta Exploration Company for the minerals on either of these properties, my family and I would appreciate hearing from you. Yes, I am mad as a hornet right now.

1 Like

There is no reason for receiver ship and I would file complaints with the commission. They can integrate you. However, the offer is about the going rate… Some are as low as $10/acre and 1/6th. So if expecting $500 an acre, it won’t happen.

The new interest there is producing lithium from the eventual tail waters. So I would make sure the lease excludes that as well as bromine.