Neogiating a new lease

What is the best way to find out what companies have leases in the area of our section. My lease is to expire the end of January and I am trying to find out how to contact other companies for a possible lease. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I too would like to know, mine ran out in August. I'd like to know also, can a person sell a percentage of their mineral acres? 10%, 20% ? Thanks

I would use the NDRIN, North Dakota Recorders Information Network. The subscription is $25 per month and they accept credit cards. If you only need one month be sure to cancel it in the first month, so it doesn't become a recurring charge. Don't forget to search for memorandum of leases also as they may not show up in a search for oil and gas leases. I usually search for anything that has the legal description /s TWP, Range and section. I'd start with your section and expand out. Let me know if I can help.

Mr. Yetter, I frequently get letters soliciting to purchase all or part of my mineral interest, those that are producing or not, usually not offers I would be inclined to accept. I am sure you could sell part if you could find an interested buyer.

Hello Mr. Kennedy, I'm afraid I don't understand what this would do for me, can you explain more?, if it helps, my mineral acres are located in T151N R89W SE qt of section 12 and NE qtr of section 14. I have recently moved, but for the past year or so, I have received but one solicitation, I can't believe that I am so close to the heart of this deposit and yet no lease.Thank You...Sy

r w kennedy said:

I would use the NDRIN, North Dakota Recorders Information Network. The subscription is $25 per month and they accept credit cards. If you only need one month be sure to cancel it in the first month, so it doesn't become a recurring charge. Don't forget to search for memorandum of leases also as they may not show up in a search for oil and gas leases. I usually search for anything that has the legal description /s TWP, Range and section. I'd start with your section and expand out. Let me know if I can help.

My fault Mr. Yetter. That was in reply to Thelmarule the original poster. Mr Yetter, there has not been a great deal of activity near you and it seems that what there is has not been too good to date. The horizontal Bakken wells drilled by Hess near you appear to be temporary abandoned and never produced I can see a new well permitted in section 26 not too far from you, Vecta oil and gas ltd. is the operator, should this well produce, interest in your area should increase. I'm sure you have oil under you, the questions are how much and probably which formation. I saw one Madison formation well near you that had some success. If i had your mineral acres I would consider them late bloomers, only waiting on better technology and higher oil prices to make them more interesting. I do not think they would command a high price at this time, but at the bottom of the home page of this site you could list that you are considering selling part of your interests. I wish you good luck in the future.

S. Yetter said:

Hello Mr. Kennedy, I'm afraid I don't understand what this would do for me, can you explain more?, if it helps, my mineral acres are located in T151N R89W SE qt of section 12 and NE qtr of section 14. I have recently moved, but for the past year or so, I have received but one solicitation, I can't believe that I am so close to the heart of this deposit and yet no lease.Thank You...Sy

r w kennedy said:

Thank Mr. Kennedy,

I appreciate the information and will give it a try.

r w kennedy said: